AccuGo eases the day to day management of the HCU diet by providing a quick and easy way to estimate and track protein or methionine in foods eaten.
Homocystinuria (HCU) is an inherited condition which affects the way a person’s body uses methionine (from which homocystine is made). A person with HCU cannot breakdown the methionine in food, which causes methionine, and in turn homocystine, to build up in the blood. High levels of homocystine and methionine build up in the body and lead to progressive disorders of the central nervous system (CNS), ocular, skeletal, and cardiovascular system. Symptoms include mental retardation, dislocation of the lens of the eye resulting in blindness if untreated, seizures, osteoporosis, heart attack and stroke. As a whole, the complications of the disease lead to a reduced quality of life and significantly shorter life expectancy.
AccuGo for HCU is sponsored by HCU Network Australia.
- track Methionine or Protein by changing mode in Options
- online synchronization of food records between multiple devices
- track up to four different individuals
- continues to work offline, anywhere regardless of wifi or cellular availability
- overview of day's running total of protein or methionine and calories at a glance
- groups foods eaten together by selectable time periods (15mins, 1 hour, etc)
- copy/move/delete entries with ease
- built in calendar for easy navigation
- jump to the past to see historical entries
- Historical graph shows totals over the past month
- jump to the future to plan menus in advance
- supports inline math calculations (eg. 1/3 + 1/8)
- round values up or down with a simple swipe
- automatic real-time calculation of quantity/methionine/Protein/calories as you type
- includes pre-loaded & searchable hand-picked USDA-based food items
- add your own foods and values to the database
- Community Food List provides shared items you can add to your personal food list, or share yours with the community
- email daily food records by date range, includes summary of average over the range
Updated for iOS 13
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.