Affinity Designer 2 4+
Professional Graphic Design
- Offers In-App Purchases
**Try for free for 30 days, no sign-up required**
Available to purchase in-app for a one-off cost – no subscription.
The next generation of the award-winning vector graphics software, Affinity Designer 2 is setting the new industry standard in the world of design. Packed with tons of new features and hundreds of enhancements to optimise your workflow, you can now create high-quality concept art, illustrations, logos, icons, UI designs, mock-ups and other projects more seamlessly than ever before.
REFINED & REDESIGNED WITH POWERFUL NEW FEATURES
• Fully redeveloped UI, tool and button icons
• Completely revamped Layers Panel
• Vector Warp
• Shape Builder Tool
• Knife Tool
• X-ray view mode
• Measure and Area tools
• Style Picker Tool
• DXF/DWF import
• Drawing scale, including ability for different scales set per artboard
• Drag/drop bitmap texture fills
• Pencil Tool creates auto-closed or straight-line pencil strokes
• Multiple shadow, outline and overlay layer effects per object
• Force scale of stroke, effect and fills on object resize
• Fully optimised for the latest Mac hardware and operating systems, including M1 chips and macOS Monterey
• Pan and zoom at 60fps
• Live gradients, transforms, effects and adjustments
• Optimised for documents of any complexity, zoom to over 1,000,000% for absolute precision
• Live pixel, retina, wireframe and x-ray views of vector artwork in and out of split screen mode
• Seamless switching between tools and editing modes for frustration-free design
• Incredibly accurate results with minimal nodes
PRECISE VECTOR TOOLS
• Rock solid vector tools that work just the way you want them to
• The best pen tool, node tool, curve editing and smart shape tools available
• Powerful contour tool to create abstract objects or increase the width of single open curves
• Pencil and brush stabilisation for drawing super-smooth curves freehand
• Non-destructive Boolean operations
• Live effects, blend modes and image adjustments
• Incredibly smooth gradient and transparency controls
RASTER OR VECTOR, YOU DECIDE
• Switch between vector and raster workspaces with a single click
• Use the strengths of vector and raster behaviours for the best of both worlds
• High quality raster tools for texturing, masking and finishing artwork – you can even create your own brushes
• True creative freedom not found in other apps
• Flexible text handling including comprehensive support for OpenType
• Artistic text and text frames
• Full control over character and paragraph styles
• Flow text along any drawn path
BUILT FOR YOUR WORKFLOW
• Unlimited artboards
• Saveable history with alternate futures
• Customisable keyboard shortcuts
• PSD, AI, PDF, EPS, SVG, JPG, JPEG XL, TIFF, EXR, DXF and DWG file support
• Set up grids and guides almost any way you want, whether it’s a standard grid pattern or full isometric with multiple planes
• Linked symbols and constraints
• Save documents as template files to re-use time and time again
• Customise saveable presets, including studio presets for the UI layout
• Quickly access royalty free images through the Stock panel
• Select Same and Select Object functions
• Linked images and resource manager
• PDF passthrough
• Package your document alongside all used image and font resources into a single folder
PERFECT COLOUR & OUTPUT
• Professional CMYK, LAB, RGB, PANTONE© and Greyscale colour models
• Full 16-bit per channel editing
• End-to-end ICC colour management
• Slice export for exporting multiple elements in a single click
• Live pixel preview to see exactly how your design will export
- Fixed: "Register your licence" prompt appearing on every run up
- Some image resources are being replaced by others from the same document when copy/paste was used to insert them.
- App crash upon startup caused by a deleted "Recently Used" file on Catalina
- ‘Help’->’Visit Support Forums’ menu item goes to the forums again
- Fix for non-primary Persona menus having broken ‘Help’->’Tutorials’ links.
- Fix gradual slow down after changing tools many times.
- Fixed non-ASCII characters not being accepted in license usernames
- Fix New Document sometimes showing Letter* instead of A4
- Editing an embedded PDF does not create a History step, meaning changes are lost when closing as no save prompt is shown
- Assorted stability fixes
- Help & localisation improvements
- Assorted other Licensing and Registration improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Old app gone, forced to buy new.
I had the Affinity photo and designer apps and now it seems I can't download them back from my purchase history in the app store after doing an erase and install on my mac. Which is really sad. If I had never done an erase an install to fix a mac issue, then I would still have my apps. Please developers, give us the old version back or give the people who paid the new version!!!
Developer Response ,
Hi, you can still download your Affinity V1 apps if you have purchased them before, simply click on your profile and select 'Purchased' - there you will find your previously purchased apps to download.
Don't buy this app
I felt cheated to have bought all their three original Affinity Suite (Photo, Designer & Publisher) which the developer promised "one-time purchase for lifetime license".
However, they now break their promise and show their evil plan to stop support their original version of Affinity Suite in order to force their customers to buy their version 2 Affinity Suite.
Comparing both the versions, it appears that there is little to no improvement in most features despite that they claimed to have spent significant time re-writing their app.
The developer should have honored their promise and give free upgrade to their original customers.
Don't buy their products or else you will fall into the same frustration of their original customers.
Developer Response ,
We've always been clear that the V1 software would be yours for as long as you wish to use it and updates would be free until we got to 2.0. This hasn't changed.
Upgrading is completely optional and, if you wish, you can continue to use the original apps for as long as you like. While V1 will no longer receive any feature updates, we will endeavour to fix any critical issues which may be caused by operating system updates for as long as is reasonable to do so.
If you purchase V2, you’ll not only get access to the tons of new features and enhancements available now, but you’ll continue to receive free updates until such a time that V3 is launched.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Serif (Europe) Ltd.
- 817.3 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Serif (Europe) Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Affinity Designer 2 $109.99
- Affinity V2 Universal Licence $259.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.