Spring Sale – 50% Off.
** Mac App of the Year Winner **
Faster, smoother and more powerful than ever, Affinity Photo continues to push the boundaries of professional photo editing software. With a huge toolset specifically engineered for creative and photography professionals, it has everything you need to edit and retouch images, create full-blown, multi-layered compositions or beautiful raster paintings, and so much more.
Performance and power:
• Live, real-time editing
• Massive image support (100+ Megapixels)
• Pan and zoom at 120fps
• Open, edit and save Photoshop® PSD files
• PSD smart object support
• RGB, CMYK, Greyscale, PANTONE© and LAB colour spaces
• Full 16 and 32-bit per channel editing
• Work with all standard formats like PNG, TIFF, JPG, GIF, SVG, EPS, EXR, HDR and PDF
• Support for a range of plug-ins
• Full support for unlimited layers, layer groups, adjustment layers, filter layers and masks
• Edit live filters, adjustments, effects, blend modes and masks non-destructively
• Saveable undo history
• Record and play macros for ultimate productivity
• Save documents as template files to re-use time and time again
• Save and import XMP files, batch files to tag images and edit metadata
• Isolate, edit and duplicate spare channels with a simple click
• Saveable studio presets for the UI layout
• Linked images and resource manager
• PDF passthrough
• Link layers to edit simultaneously
Professional image processing:
• Open RAW and other images in a dedicated pre-processing workspace
• Adjust exposure, blackpoint, clarity, vibrance, white balance, shadows, highlights and more
• Advanced lens corrections including chromatic aberration, defringe, vignette, best-in-class noise reduction
• Paint areas or use fully customisable gradients to mask adjustments
• View histograms, blown highlights, shadows and tones as well as detailed EXIF information
• Focus Merge, HDR Merge and Tone mapping for advanced image processing
• Support for the latest cameras
Quality retouching and correction tools:
• Intuitive selection brush and refinement makes selections simple, even down to strands of hair
• Instantly remove unwanted objects with an incredibly advanced Inpainting brush
• Dodge, burn, clone, patch, blemish and red eye tools
• Smooth and retouch skin with built-in frequency separation
• Dedicated Liquify persona gives freehand control over warps, twirls, pinch, punch and turbulence
Advanced brush engine:
• Huge library of painting, drawing, textures and professional DAUB® Brushes included
• Create custom brushes and nozzles with full control over advanced dynamics
• Combine multiple brushes together and paint in a single stroke
• Full support for Wacom and other graphics tablets, including pressure, tilt and shortcut buttons
• Real-time preview of your nozzle to see what you are about to paint or erase before you do it
Fast, customisable effects:
• Massive collection of effects available, including blurs, distortions, tilt-shift, shadows, glows, lighting and many more
• Choose to apply effects non-destructively with live effect layers, enabling you to erase away or mask effects after they’ve been applied
• Path text capabilities
• Apply live liquify layers over the top of multiple layers or on single pixel layer
• Add and edit pattern layers non-destructively
Built for Mac:
• Fully compatible with macOS Big Sur and optimised for Apple’s M1 chips
• Takes full advantage of the latest macOS technologies including Metal compute, OpenGL, Grand Central Dispatch and Core Graphics
• Full support for MacBook Pro's Touch Bar and Force Touch trackpad
• Fully optimised for 64-bit and multi-core processors
• Supports regular, retina and multi-monitor set ups
• External eGPU support
Various stability and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Great alternative to Photoshop
I’m a freelance web and graphic designer that has used Adobe for over 20 years, but since becoming a mum my work has got more sporadic and I couldn’t justify paying the CC subscription so I gave Affinity Photo and Designer a try and so far I haven’t been disappointed.
If you need an exact CC replacement, you won’t find it here and Adobe will remain the industry standard, however in my opinion, most freelancers (especially casual ones like me) will have everything they need with Affinity software. For example a majority of my work is web based, some photo touch ups/masks, and graphic design for flyers, business cards etc. Affinity Photo and Designer are perfect for my requirements.
My plan is to only purchase CC on a project by project basis, so if I feel I need more features I might pay for a month of InDesign etc. However I am looking forward to the release of Affinity Publisher and might be able to ditch CC for good :)
For the people who are concerned about the speed of the software I am running it on a new iMac with 64GB RAM and it is as fast as. My raw files are typically Sony .ARW and are around 37MB in size and they load very quickly. Hope you get your problems sorted without the need for a new computer.
As for the software well I am still trying it out. It certainly does not seem as elegant as Capture One but that costs around EUR279. I dont think they should be compared.
Still trying it out but looks good so far.
NOT a replacement for photoshop
I say this with great regret - this is NOT a replacement for Photoshop.
I just wasted an hour doing something which I later learnt it could not be done.
After creating a mask from a greyscaled image, there's a catch-22 where you can't LOOK AT the mask while adjusting the mask image. This is due to the overzealous nature of Affinity's non-destructive workflow. I can either view the mask image in all it's glory, but God forbid that I adjust its brightness/contrast while seeing this image. No, once I try to apply an adjustment mask to the layer mask, it snaps back to the whole picture. This wouldn't have been an issue if Affinity provided a way to directly adjust a layer destructively, or if it was better considered when the tool was designed.
Nevertheless, I just wasted an hour of pulling my hair before getting an honest response from a moderator from Affinity forums informing me that this is a limitation on the tool.
I then went back to Photoshop and did exactly what I wanted to do in under 10 minutes.
Overall, it's a great app, at a very reasonable price. Just not worth the risk if you're on the clock and you're expecting that this tool can do everything Photoshop can, and then waste your precious time only to find that the very thing you're trying to do is not supported.
It feels like I just paid A$80 to provide BETA testing to Serif.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Serif (Europe) Ltd.
- 785.8 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires macOS 10.9 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Serif (Europe) Ltd
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.