App features Include:
• Over 50 editable pages from our affordable Elements AAC app series
• In-app page creation and editing
• Text-to-speech and recorded audio
• Voice / pitch changes
• Use different TTS voices for the user's voice and the auditory preview voice (in scanning mode)
• International language support, including right-to-left text entry
• Camera image acquisition directly in the cells
• Easily show, dim, or hide cells
• Opacity of dimmed cells is fully adjustable
• Dimmed cells remain active or can be disabled
• Word prediction with a 150k word library
• Optional word learning and tracking of frequency of word use
• 1x-3x Cell magnification slider for low vision
• List of pages includes page previews and a search bar
• Data tracking - 30 days of activity are logged in LAM format
• Data logs may be copied for printing, sharing, and PeRT analysis
• Direct posting to email and SMS & MMS text messaging via email
• Undo button
• Pages may be backed up to a computer with iTunes File Sharing and a USB cable
• One- and two-switch scanning
• Sequential and row/column scanning
• Auditory preview
• Bluetooth and direct touch scanning
• Supports RJ Cooper, AbleNet, Therapy Box, and Inclusive Technology Bluetooth switches
Alexicom AAC for iPhone/iPad lets you use your iPad or iPhone as an augmentative communication device.
If you like this app, check out our affordable Elements AAC app series. We offer over 30 Elements AAC apps that include all of the features of the Alexicom AAC app plus pre-made page sets for specific ages, environments, and stages of language development.
For AAC professionals and institutions who work with AAC users on several devices, we recommend Alexicom PRO, our internet-based AAC software. With Alexicom PRO, you can easily customize our pre-made AAC pages and/or create your own pages, then publish them to the Alexicom AAC app on different devices. Pages can be accessed and edited from any PC, Mac, Linux, iOS device, or other device with a standard web browser or app market. Pages on the Alexicom PRO server can be edited and shared between SLPs and parents without taking the device away from the user. Pages published to the Alexicom AAC app for iPad / iPhone never expire.
• Dark mode display improvements
Ratings and Reviews
I can't believe this app is free ! I've only had it for 30 minutes, but already I've taken photos of my child's toys so he can "say" what he'd like to play with. There are many well-organised pre-loaded pages that allow your child to say things like "I want to drink", or "get dressed", and so forth, with clear pictures for those who can't read well. There are also pages for adults ("I have a stomach ache", etc). I've had a look at other AAC apps on iTunes and I think this one beats them all for ease of use, customisability, and price. Why not give it a go?
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Alexicom Tech LLC
- 30.1 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires a Mac with Apple M1 chip and macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2021 Alexicom Tech LLC
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.