Scan the barcode of products to check for food allergens. No need to look up ingredients, just scan and go.
***PLEASE NOTE THAT iOS 13 IS REQUIRED TO DOWNLOAD AND USE THIS APP.***
Finding products that are free from allergens has never been easier with our Allergen Pro app.
* Scan the barcode on grocery and other products to check whether that product contains food allergens.
* Largest and most extensive database of Australian and New Zealand grocery products, beer, wine, spirits, and other products.
* Database is updated with new product listings daily.
* Rate and review products and food chain menu items.
* Search products by barcode, brand or product name.
* Search products by manufacturer.
*Allergens and dietary needs covered by the app: dairy, egg, fish, shellfish, gluten, peanut, tree nut, sesame, soy, low FODMAP.
* Search extensive database of major fast food chains in Australia, Canada, New Zealand , USA and UK.
* Browse for food chain locations in Apple Maps via direct link from within the app.
* Filter for products found at Aldi, Coles and Woolworths in Australia.
* Filter for products found at BWS, Cellerbrations, Dan Murphy's and Liquorland.
* Save listings to the "My Lists" feature. You can make as many lists as you want and the lists will sync across all of your iOS devices.
* App is optimised for iOS 14 and and the latest Apple devices, including iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro and 2020 iPads.
* App is optimised for both iPhone and iPad.
* App is 100% ad free.
* Push Notifications to keep app users updated on new products added and any changes to existing products.
* Get app support via iMessage from within the app.
The AllergenPro app was developed as a way to easily check if a product contains an allergen or not. All products in our database have been comprehensively checked by a human to ensure that our allergen status is accurate for each product, and menu item in our database. We do not rely on user input to work out the allergen status of a product. We also contact the manufacturer where possible to verify the product or menu item where required.
Detailed instructions on how to use the app are available on our support page.
Having issues with our app?
Please contact us if you are having any issues with our app and we will respond to you as quickly as possible, usually within 24 hours. we would appreciate you contacting us first before leaving a negative rating or review, as 99% of the time we are able to resolve any issues with our app.
*Please note that the status of each allergen is based on the actual ingredients in the product or menu item, as per the Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code. It DOES NOT take into account any potential CROSS CONTAMINATION from shared manufacturing facilities or in the case of menu items, shared kitchen facilities, as MAY CONTAIN statements are not covered under the Food Standards Code.
We take great care to provide accurate information, however as MAY CONTAIN statements do not form part of the Food Standards Code, the absence of a MAY CONTAIN statement on a product label does not guarantee the absence of any CROSS CONTAMINATION. We recommend that if you have concerns about possible CROSS CONTAMINATION that you use caution and contact the manufacturer directly to verify any concerns you may have. We provide a weblink to the manufacturers website wherever possible on the product information page.
We have updated the UI on the Scan, Barcode Search, Product Search Filter and Food Chain Search Filter. We have also update the rate and review feature to enable app users to rate a product without having to leave a full review. We have also added “may contain” information for each allergen for to assist those with severe allergies that need to avoid products that do not contain an allergen but are made on the same equipment as the allergen they need to avoid.
Ratings and Reviews
As a family we are extremely happy with the ALLERGEN PRO APP. It has a large, easy to navigate database, which assists us immensely when shopping for our families dietary needs. New products are added which is good to see and there is app support within the app. We will highly recommend the App to many other families & the broader community, so they too, can be supported when searching for products that are free from allergens. Well done to the Developer, Fussy Vegan Pty Ltd, for creating this much needed App. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
This app has been fantastic while shopping for my family who have allergies. Definitely worth it.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Fussy Vegan Pty Ltd
- 39.6 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires a Mac with Apple M1 chip and macOS 11 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Fussy Vegan Pty Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.