Use the Amazon Alexa app to manage Alexa-enabled devices, control music playback, view shopping lists on the go, keep track of upcoming reminders, check on active timers and much more. When you enable hands free with Alexa, you can talk to Alexa by simply saying “Alexa” when the app is on your screen. The more you use Alexa, the more she adapts to your voice, vocabulary and personal preferences.
• Get more out of your Echo device through personalized feature recommendations from Alexa
• Discover and enable recommended Alexa skills
• Pick up where you left off directly from the home feed with lists, shopping, or recently played Music and Books
MANAGE YOUR DEVICES
• Set up your Alexa-enabled devices, control or check status of your compatible smart lights, locks and thermostats at home or on the go
• Create routines to automate your smart home devices
MUSIC & BOOKS
• Connect to music services like Amazon Music, Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn, and iHeartRadio. Choose a song or playlist and listen on your Alexa-enabled devices
• Create speaker groups to play music across your compatible Echo devices for multi-room music
ORGANISE YOUR DAY
• View and edit shopping and to-do lists on the go, get weather and news updates, manage timers and alarms, and more
• Use Drop In from your app to connect instantly with your compatible Echo devices, like a two-way intercom
• Call or message supported Alexa-enabled devices, at no additional cost
By using this app, you agree to Amazon’s Conditions of Use (www.amazon.co.uk/conditionsofuse) and all of the terms found here (www.amazon.co.uk/alexaterms). Please see our Privacy Notice (www.amazon.co.uk/privacynotice).
Various bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Hard to reinstall
My iOS decided to delete the app even though I use it every day the offload unused apps function kicked in (I’ve now turned it off). Reinstalling it was problematic. Tapping the icon gave a msg of ‘cannot download app’ . I restarted , updated to iOS 13.4.1 (SE) and no luck. Using the link through the App Store was the only way I could get a live link to reinstall.
Generally the app is a bit cluttered . Better that google home but still has many ‘hidden or hard to find features.
Might benefit from some real world beta testing before updates . Programmers are good people I’m sure but are only a small percentage of the intended audience of most apps .
Connected home, love it
Honestly. I have 3 echo dots, 2 echos, and a new echo sub. And it’s great, music is amazing and the price is right! I have 34 LIFX lights, wemo switches, and 3 ring cameras, Logitech harmony hub and more.
The echo system has ALMOST flawlessly tied ALL of these aftermarket devices into one smooth flowing machine. MASSIVE thanks to the developers for what is surely a monumental task. I rarely need to open the app, but when I do, it gets the job done usually without an issue.
Yes, sometimes I give up on Alexa when she doesn’t quite understand me.
Sometimes I change the name of devices because she doesn’t like “Ian’s Lamp” so now it’s “Scott’s” lamp.
There’s a few bugs here and there but a quick reset solves 99% of those issues. The complexity of what’s actually happening here deserves credit. I’m having a beer for the devs as we speak. (Keep up the amazing work)
The new layout took a week to get used too, and I do feel some things are still confusing (I would always hand a new device to my wife and see if she can set up and use it, before releasing to the public).
But honestly. If you have a whole lot of smart devices. This is literally the gateway to making it all work together. Thankyou guys... Now stop listening to my wife and I making babies....
Frustrating many times
On one level it is a Great thing, but too many problems. Many routine names are not recognized and Alexa starts yepping a lot of irrelevant stuff. Routines running cannot be stoped. If I put multiple devices to be turned on or off, it will not be done, unless I put a delay, and the delay is minimum 5 seconds. The way to get around this partly is to get Alexa to say something in between each command , but if internet is slow then this could take a longer time. A favourite flute album cannot be played as Alexa does not recognize the name and even if put in a routine, cannot find it, ( can only select it on my phone and stream it to the echo devise).
Several things that she is asked, she would say “ I do not know that” but google and Siri, will have an answer.
I will still use it, but one day if not improved I will trow my 3 echo and one echo dot away.
But I am thankful such things exist.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Sensitive Info
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- AMZN Mobile LLC
- 417 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2014-present Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. All rights reserved.