Discover where you came from through photos, stories, historical documents, and so much more. With the Ancestry® app you can explore your family stories anytime, anywhere.
• Discover stories, photos, and records about your ancestors with Ancestry Hints®
• Explore billions of historical photos and records
• Preserve and share your history with a family tree
• Share and collaborate with friends and family
• Get notified of new hints and comments
Apple Watch Features:
• Receive new hint notifications with photo previews.
• Save and ignore photo hints right from your Apple Watch.
• Keep up with comments and add your own with voice dictation.
• Get on-this-day alerts for events from your family history.
iPhone and iPad Features:
• Ancestry Hints® automatically find records, photos, and stories about your family
• In just a few taps create, edit, and see your family tree
• Access more than 14 billion historical records, photos, and more
• Sync automatically with your Ancestry.com account
• Easily upload photos and add facts or stories to your family tree
• Add family members to your tree from Facebook
• Learn about historical events that affected your ancestors
Start your journey by choosing a subscription:
UK Heritage Membership: $26.99 per month
UK Heritage Plus Membership: $29.99 per month
UK World Heritage Membership: $26.99 per month
Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew function is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the subscription period.
View our Terms and Conditions at http://www.ancestry.com.au/cs/legal/Mobile-termsandconditions
In app purchase options give you access to the world's largest online collection of historical documents.
Winner of the 2013 Appy Awards!
- Build and show off your Ancestry family trees – anytime, anywhere
- Make discoveries about your family with Ancestry Hints - we'll find historical records and photos for you
- Explore high-resolution images of historical documents
- Preserve family memories by adding photos to your tree instantly
- Access the world's largest online family resources with over 11 billion historical records
We have multiple subscriptions available to choose from starting at $21.99 per month.
- UK Heritage Membership: $21.99 per month
- UK Heritage Plus Membership: $24.99 per month
- World Heritage Membership: $59.99 per month
Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
View our Terms and Conditions at: http://www.ancestry.com.au/cs/legal/Mobile-termsandconditions
Ratings and Reviews
Finding my family
Ancestry DNA were able to locate a number of first cousins. I was adopted as a baby and had never met a relative from either my birth or adopted family. At the age of 66 I took the plunge (and the test) because I wanted my children and grandchildren to have some idea of where we came from. I had built up a notion in my head that I was probably an illegitimate child of some poor young mum. Imagine my surprise when I found out that I was half right. My birth mother was young when she had me at 24 years of age, but I was the youngest of five boys in an unhappy marriage. Two of my brothers are still alive and I have been given a warm welcome by so many relatives. Heartfelt thanks.
iPad with M1 Chip
The app has performed well up until I purchased an iPad running the lasted iOS version 14.6 with an M1 chip. Since installing the app on that device the app only has partial functionality. Currently I am not able to select to view the profile of any person in my tree unless that person has a hint associated with them and then only by selecting the hint first. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app on multiple occasions. The result each time is on first starting the app I can successfully view a person’s profile but after that I can no longer view any person’s profile (unless they have a hint) including the person I successfully viewed on first start up. Two other iOS devices with A series chips running iOS 14.6 work as expected. Contacted Ancestry support and the usual response as expected was not our problem despite the fact that not one other app on the iPad with the M1 chip is exhibiting a problem. Sorry Ancestry it is your problem, it is a coding issue which is being highlighted by the difference in how your app executes on a a hardware device using different hardware architecture to iOS devices utilising A series chips.
This is a very useful site but I think people need to be more careful when accepting hints. Sometimes hints are suggested which unavoidably involve someone with the same first name and surname as someone in the family but they may be from a different family. Because sometimes these hints are accepted as belonging to a particular tree when they do not an incorrect family may become attached which is difficult to correct. People post photographs in good faith which have been incorrectly identified. You actually need to have traced your family yourself from primary sources such as Civil Registrations of Births, Deaths and Marriages, Parish Records, Wills and other sources before you can accept hints and attach individuals and facts to your ancestors. It is difficult to have corrections made but otherwise it is a very useful website. Thank you.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Sensitive Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ancestry.com Operations Inc.
- 291.3 MB
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Ancestry
- In-App Purchases
- Just this record $1.49
- Just this record $2.99
- World Heritage $59.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.