Discover where you came from through photos, stories, historical documents, and so much more. With the Ancestry® app you can explore your family stories anytime, anywhere.
• Discover stories, photos, and records about your ancestors with Ancestry Hints®
• Explore billions of historical photos and records
• Preserve and share your history with a family tree
• Share and collaborate with friends and family
• Get notified of new hints and comments
Apple Watch Features:
• Receive new hint notifications with photo previews.
• Save and ignore photo hints right from your Apple Watch.
• Keep up with comments and add your own with voice dictation.
• Get on-this-day alerts for events from your family history.
iPhone and iPad Features:
• Ancestry Hints® automatically find records, photos, and stories about your family
• In just a few taps create, edit, and see your family tree
• Access more than 14 billion historical records, photos, and more
• Sync automatically with your Ancestry.com account
• Easily upload photos and add facts or stories to your family tree
• Add family members to your tree from Facebook
• Learn about historical events that affected your ancestors
Start your journey by choosing a subscription:
UK Heritage Membership: $26.99 per month
UK Heritage Plus Membership: $29.99 per month
UK World Heritage Membership: $26.99 per month
Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew function is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the subscription period.
View our Terms and Conditions at http://www.ancestry.com.au/cs/legal/Mobile-termsandconditions
In app purchase options give you access to the world's largest online collection of historical documents.
Winner of the 2013 Appy Awards!
- Build and show off your Ancestry.com family trees – anytime, anywhere
- Make discoveries about your family with Ancestry Hints - we'll find historical records and photos for you
- Explore high-resolution images of historical documents
- Preserve family memories by adding photos to your tree instantly
- Access the world's largest online family resources with over 11 billion historical records
We have multiple subscriptions available to choose from starting at $21.99 per month.
- UK Heritage Membership: $21.99 per month
- UK Heritage Plus Membership: $24.99 per month
- World Heritage Membership: $59.99 per month
Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
View our Terms and Conditions at: http://www.ancestry.com.au/cs/legal/Mobile-termsandconditions
Ratings and Reviews
Oh so portable! In the pocket for moments anywhere.
To carry the family detail in my pocket in my iPhone and have that replicated on the iPad and computer, has simply become a given. The level of access is remarkable and I understand that the three devices are best suited for different capacities and uses. But to have the same detail in the three of them is superb.
Wonderful work. I expend most of my data on this app. Does that it all? The access to photos, official records ... it never ends. Is that an obsession?
Made some great discoveries
Through Ancestry DNA, I have discovered an entire branch of the family that I didn’t know existed. There were some shocking surprises in the journey but meeting some wonderful people has made it all worthwhile. Having multiple family members tested as well as constructing the family tree is highly recommended as more hints become forthcoming. The Ancestry program is a big help but you need to understand that it doesn’t do all of the hard work for you - it can only work with the data it has so you will need to do some of your own research as well. It is good that any living people in the tree are private by default. The DNA results helps a great deal in placing the pieces together.
Great mobile family tree resource
I have used the Ancestry app for a couple of years now, and compared with the website, the app is so much better. It shows more record information and pictures without having to pay for their member subscription, which makes it easier to determine if they are actually the person you think they are (with same name, etc). It is also more user friendly and easier to navigate than the website, especially while viewing the tree.
Only criticism is it sometimes crashes when you try to add data so you have to relaunch and do it again. A minor complaint for a well designed free app.
- Ancestry.com Operations Inc.
- 223.4 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Ancestry
- In-App Purchases
- Just this record $1.49
- Just this record $2.99
- UK Heritage $26.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.