Be alerted if your anchor drags with a simple yet full of features app :
- Easy to use: Click once to set anchor position, touch the alarm circle on map to adjust alarm radius and you're ready.
- Easy to set anchor position:
-> a button to set anchor at your current position
-> choose a position on the map: relocate anchor with drag and drop.
- Easy to use with standard map gestures (zoom, scroll ...)
- Remote mode : check your position and get alerted on a second device
- Enhanced track recording: The boat track is recorded and a time - colored path is displayed on map. You can identify at first glance whether your anchor position is drifting or not.
- Track management: enable, disable and reset the track. Export it by email in CSV format or GPX format.
- Possibility to choose the ringTone
- Works offline ! You still see your boat position relative to the anchor, the anchor position and the alarm circle. Once offline the map is replaced by a graphic.
- 3 alarms methods :
-> Attention catching visual alarm with a blinking black/white screen,
-> Accoustic alarm,
-> In background: accoustic alarm with a notification.
- Mail alert
/!\ On some iPad models, you'll find Mute in the Control Center. Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to open the Control Center then disable Mute.
- Easy to adjust alarm distance:
-> either set a value in settings
-> or adjust it directly by touching the alarm circle
- Vertical map scale in feet or meters as you prefer.
- User interface darkened to help preserve night vision.
- No add
- Strictly respects your privacy: we do not collect any of your personal information, ever.
A review by Paul Shard (famous for the award winning cruising documentary Distant Shores): Well I have finally found a solution that works GREAT in the form of an App for my phone! I have been testing it for some time, but they recently came up with an update and it is now really great!
check the full review here: http://www.distantshores.ca/boatblog_files/anchor-alarm-update.php#
Compatible with external GPS : gns2000 , Dual xgps, Bad Elf and Garlmin glo. With an external GPS you can use Anchor! on a Wifi only iPad and get improved accuracy on other models.
Compatible with Flic buttons (Bluetooth low energy buttons, they are splashproof, work locally and no hub is required to work with anchor)
Your 5 star rating on the app store makes us work harder to provide updates, don't hesitate to rate Anchor!
When the alarm is on, this app will use GPS in the background to be able to alert you. Continued use of GPS in the background can dramatically decrease battery life: don't forget your charger on board.
The remote mode uses an external server that could be shut down without notice by its provider or run slow . The remote mode needs data connexion and 2 apple devices
Use of the remote mode comes is subject to the agreement to this supplementary copyright notice:
In addition to the applicable standard EULA, permission is not granted to use Anchor! to track someone without his dedicated and recent consent.
Provided maps are not nautical charts.
Added compatibility to Flic buttons (Bluetooth low energy buttons, they are splashproof, work locally and no hub is required to work with anchor)
Ratings and Reviews
Best anchor watch
This is the best anchor watch I was able to find. It does everything you'd expect it to do. Even when you switch off your ipad (not power-off or stopping the app of course), Anchor! stays active and will wake up itself (and you) on alarm conditions.
We've been using this app on our yacht in the Meds six months a year on an almost daily basis for a couple of years. It never was unreliable (apart from a small problem in a new version).
This review was written at 3 in the morning on an anchored yacht in 30 kts winds, gusting up to 42.
Great app - used this nightly during a bareboat charter in the Whitsundays Queensland. Often didn’t have any mobile reception so couldn’t load background maps, but for the purposes of alarming if drifting beyond a radius this app was perfect. Great that it keeps running with phone screen off. Was always interesting to review the app in the morning to see how the boat had moved around during the night.
Best anchor watch of all of them
I’ve used it for years, allows us to get a great nights sleep.
Developer support is epic.
I wanted to be able to drop/raise anchor from the flybridge as I have an iPad dedicated to the Anchor app mounted in the salon.
Two weeks later & now can do this with the Flic Button support added.
- Marie Hullo
- 9.1 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2013-2019 A. Arnail
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.