AnkiMobile is a mobile companion to Anki, a powerful, intelligent flashcard program that is free, multi-platform, and open-source. Sales of this app support the development of both the computer and mobile version, which is why the app is priced as a computer application.
AnkiMobile offers some features not found in other flashcard apps:
- A free cloud synchronization service that lets you keep your card content synchronized across multiple mobile and computer devices. This makes it easy to add content on a computer and then study it on your mobile, easily keep your study progress current between an iPhone and iPad, and so on.
- The same proven scheduling algorithm that the computer version of Anki uses, which reminds you of material as you're about to forget it.
- A flexible interface designed for smooth and efficient study. You can set up AnkiMobile to perform different actions when you tap or swipe on various parts of the screen, and control which actions appear on the tool buttons.
- Comprehensive graphs and statistics about your studies.
- Support for large card decks - even 100,000+ cards.
- If your cards use images or audio clips, the media is stored on your device, so you can study without an internet connection.
- A powerful search facility that allows you to find cards that match criteria such as 'tagged high priority, answered in the last ten days and not containing the following words', and automatically place them into a deck to study.
- Support for displaying mathematical equations with MathJax, and rendering LaTeX created with the computer version.
- Support for adding images drawn with the Apple Pencil to your cards.
Please note that AnkiMobile is currently intended as a companion to the computer version of Anki, rather than a complete replacement for it. While AnkiMobile is able to display and schedule your cards in the same way the computer version does, certain changes like modifying note types need to be done with the computer software. Add-ons are not supported, so while you can study image occlusion cards created with the computer version, they can not be created within AnkiMobile. For this reason, please start with the computer version of Anki before you think about buying this app.
The cloud synchronization service is optional, and data can also be imported/exported from the app via a USB cable or AirDrop.
Like all apps, AnkiMobile can be purchased once and then used on multiple devices in a household using the same Apple ID. Family sharing is also supported. For information on bulk discounts for educational institutions, please see Apple's Volume Purchase Program.
For more information on AnkiMobile, including a link to the online manual, please have a look at the support page: https://docs.ankimobile.net/
If you have any questions or want to report an issue, please let us know on our support site and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Fixed an error message popping up after the day rolls over.
- Fixed unwanted scrolling when typing in the editor on iOS 14.
- Fixed drawings not being inverted in night mode in the editor.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great App - Ugly Interface
This app is incredible, been using it for over 12 months and it is a perfect companion to the desktop client.
Unfortunately the latest update featured a design change, and I must say this app is now hideous. The new cog is good, but the changes to the answer buttons were unnecessary and are really really yuck. Please give us the option to have the old buttons back :(
The app was beautiful as it was.
Have had the Anki iPhone app for years now and continue to use it daily. Over time it’s continued to get better. It’s a no-brainer purchase for anyone looking for a good spaced-repetition app and has already used/is using the Anki desktop version. The sync between this app and the desktop version is the major drawcard. Being able to do reviews on-the-go is really handy. Hard to live without once you’ve gotten used to it. Highly recommended purchase!
Would be better with Apple Pencil support
There is no scratchpad option that can use Apple Pencil, so if that is added this app is 5 stars. Without it, I don’t think this app would be able to use all of the functionalities available with an iPad Pro.
Please add it in the next update?? <3
Developer Response ,
The 'Toggle Scratchpad' option reveals a scratchpad area on the card that you can draw on with the Pencil. The drawings do not persist - support for card creation with the Pencil is on the todo list, but a more complicated problem to solve.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ankitects Pty Ltd
- 33.8 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires a Mac with Apple M1 chip and macOS 11 or later.
English, Arabic, French, German, Irish, Japanese, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Ankitects Pty Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.