Get all your favourite TV, all in one app. Watch critically acclaimed Apple Original series and films from Apple TV+. Buy or rent new and popular movies. Access everything from popular streaming apps. Subscribe to premium channels. All curated and personalised for you.
Try Apple TV+ free for 7 days. Apple TV+ features Apple Originals – award-winning series, compelling dramas, groundbreaking documentaries, kids’ entertainment, comedies and more – with new Apple Originals added every month.
Apple TV app helps you:
• Watch new, exclusive Apple Originals every month on Apple TV+, like Greyhound, Ted Lasso, The Morning Show, Defending Jacob, Central Park, For All Mankind, Ghostwriter and more.
• Buy or rent newly released movies or explore the catalogue of over 100,000 movies and shows – including the largest selection of 4K HDR titles.
• Try Apple TV channels, including CBS All Access, Acorn, Mubie and more. Subscribe to just the channels you want and share with your family. Channels play on the Apple TV app ad-free, online or off – no additional apps, accounts or passwords needed.
• Discover shows and movies from over 100 video streaming apps, including Disney+, Prime Video, Binge, ABC iview, SBS on Demand and more with personalised recommendations from all of them in one place.
• Sign in with your pay-TV subscription to unlock on-demand shows and movies included with your subscription.
• Find the Apple TV app on iPhone, iPad, Apple TV and Mac, as well as Samsung and LG Smart TVs, Amazon Fire TV, Roku devices and other smart TVs and streaming devices.
Apple TV app makes watching TV easier:
• Watch Now includes Up Next – your personal watch list. It helps you quickly find and watch your favourites, plus resume what you’re already watching from the moment you stopped, across all of your devices.
• A dedicated Kids section helps you discover great, editorially handpicked shows and movies for kids of all ages.
• Easily find all of your purchased movies and shows in the Library tab. Browse by recently added, downloaded, genre and more.
• Stream over a Wi-Fi or cellular connection, or download to watch offline.
• iOS devices using iOS 12.3 or later
• Some features require internet access over a Wi-Fi or cellular data connection
• HDR video playback may not be available for all content or on all devices
Ratings and Reviews
A Nigh-Unstoppable Killer App for Apple
Apple TV has everything: access to users’ personal (iTunes) purchases, additional channels to sign up to, and using it as an all-in-one hub for streaming and video-on-demand stuff with all the apps you can think of having.
Sure there may be some missing content if you get TOO specific (like looking up classic Japanese films from Akira Kurosawa) but almost everything else conceivable is here to find somewhere. And it’s bound to grow even further in the future.
Considering digital (internet) television is practically the future of mass entertainment, it’s good that Apple TV has got nice accessibility to top off it’s impressive ocean of media too.
P.S. Some purchases of TV episodes can make episode listings out of whack and out of order (for some bundled purchases of shows, every odd-numbered episode is from season 1, but every even-numbered episode is a (MUCH) later instalment, leaving the series chronology messed-up). This is a problem for casual users, and should (hopefully) be fixed in the near future.
Content good - app not so good
I enjoy the content on offer from Apple TV+ subscription. It’s affordable and shows are great. However, my review is hindered by a few things:
1. Synchronisation is rubbish! If you watch across multiple apple devices, it does not synchronise with where you are up to in a show. So you go from the iPad or iPhone to the TV and you have to manually find your way back to where you were! I’ve never found apple synchronisation to be very good - esp with iMessage which I’m always having to clear “unread” messages off my iPad that I’ve already read on my phone.
2. Can only share the subscription with people who are part of your family sharing - this creates issues with payments whereby the “parent ” of the family account suddenly starts getting charged for subscriptions for all users iPhones. So now I have to get my flatmate to reimburse me for all his apple subscriptions and I have to sometimes work out if it’s a charge from mine or his (as he has same subscriptions as me in some cases such as paying for extra iCloud storage etc.
My advice is -
1. once and for all - sort this synchronisation issue across all apple products and services.
2. Family sharing should not automatically mean only the parent account can pay - this is silly, it should be an option you can turn off or on.
Fix these annoying issues and I would upgrade to 5 star.
Problematic purchases and Unresolved solutions
Very disappointed with the service, purchases season 7 of a popular tv series and after purchases found in my downloads another season had somehow been downloaded instead. After thinking this would be easily resolved the advisor who could hardly type illiterate English text told be it could take 48 hours to maybe be refunded if Apple found to be reasonable as he could not fix my purchase made minutes ago. Also informing it could take up to 60 days for a refund and if I needed more information on the Matter to contact my banking institution. I was quick to inform the advisor of my consumer rights on being given the wrong purchase and that I would instead be contacting fair trading in any future issues with this simple problem. Hopefully this feedback can help the appletv team fix such issues in future.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Pty Limited
- Requires iOS 10.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.2 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2021 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.