Articles is a beautiful Wikipedia reader for your iPhone and iPod touch.
Just enter a search term and let Articles find the Wikipedia entry you are looking for. Use the integrated maps feature to learn about interesting places and historic events around your current location, or anywhere else in the world. Or simply shake your device and let Articles find an entry for you. Mark interesting entries you want to read in the future and search text in the currently open document.
- Apple Design Award 2010 Winner
- App of the Week in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom and many other countries
- Best Reference App at the 2010 and 2011 Best App Ever Awards
- O'Reilly App Smackdown: Best App for Wikipedia
"Wikipedia is free on the web, right? Why spend even a couple bucks to wrap it in an app. The answer is interface. You can do far more, far more easily, with a native app than you can do with a web page." – Rene Ritchie, iMore
"There are a bunch of dedicated Wikipedia iPhone apps, and there are several I like. But I like Articles best. It’s fast, it looks great (including the formatting of articles), and it has a very clever MobileSafari-inspired UI." – John Gruber, Daring Fireball
Tips & Tricks:
- Double-tap (and hold) on the article to display the Chapter Index control.
- Tap the status bar to scroll back to the search bar.
- Pinch the article view to increase or decrease the text size.
- Tap-and-hold a link to open an article in a new page.
- Shake your device to open a random article.
- Tap and hold on text to copy and paste article content.
- Tap and hold on links and images to reveal more actions.
- Tap and hold the Toolbar to start customizing all items.
- Pull down the article view to lock or unlock the current screen orientation.
- An all new and modernized app icon.
- Bug fixes and tweaks.
- If you like Articles, please consider leaving a review. That helps us a lot. Thanks!
Ratings and Reviews
If you're a hoopy frood who knows where his towel is, you need this app.
This app is for reading wikipedia articles on iPhone (or iPod touch). I don't know how but it makes everything look so beautiful on my iPhone 4, especially when you zoom in on images. There are some built in bookmarks including famous paintings that look amazing. It also has a function that uses the iPhone's location to find wikipedia articles about things located near you. I think they have done something really special to make graphics look so good on the iPhone in this app because there does seem to be a focus on Art in the preset bookmarks.
I bought this app when it was first released for $6 and still think it was worth. This app helps students very much and makes it easy to search Wikipedia on iPhone!
- Sophia Teutschler
- 6.1 MB
Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2008-2014 Sophia Teutschler
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.