The information in this App provides some general steps that you can take to reduce the risks of being swindled by unreliable operators and fly-by-night businesses. While the information provides general guidance, you should be mindful that it cannot protect you in all your business interactions.
As a consumer or small business owner, you need to ensure that your interests are protected when you deal with other businesses. There are five steps that may help you do this:
1. Ask questions about the company, business and people that you are dealing with [e.g. do you know the company name and Australian Company Number (ACN); the business name and Australian Business Number (ABN)]?
2. Verify information about the company, business and people you are dealing with by checking ASIC's registers.
3. Seek help from ASIC if you need more information or from a professional business adviser (e.g. an accountant or a lawyer) if you are still unsure about the company, business or people you are dealing with.
4. Monitor the documents lodged by companies by signing up to ASIC's free Company Alert service.
5. Report suspected misconduct to ASIC if you believe that the directors or the company may be acting unlawfully. You can contact us on 1300 300 630 or lodge a complaint online.
The questions and answers in the App will take you through this process. The tabs below will assist you to find more information about how to protect your business.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
This version has 64 bit support.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I just downloaded the app and from what I have seen it is not that user friendly. the Victorian State Revenue Office have an SRO App and it is very easy to use. I would have preferred to type in the company or business name and in response be provided with the information available to the website. Alternatively maybe type in the suspect company or business name and tick the required information rather than what appears to be further websites to access in this app. Maybe I don't know enough about it yet but at this point I can't be too kind in my rating of it.
Seriously impressive resource!
There is so much information here, extremely well set-out, and with working links to relevant pages. I’ve downloaded heaps of useful info & saved 25 resources to read later. The checklist is easy to follow & helpful, and the more detailed info is easy to navigate so you can quickly find information about topics that of interest to you. Especially great for businesses in the planning stage, but also helpful for those already trading. I’m very impressed with this app & will be recommending it to our clients!
Just a list of links
This is little more then a HTML page of links embedded in an app container. Should have just been a web page.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Australian Securities and Investments Commission
- 64.6 MB
- Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 5.1.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later.
- Requires a Mac with Apple M1 chip and macOS 11 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2014, Australian Securities & Investments Commission
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.