Does your child have worries, anxieties, tantrums?
Imagine if an app could teach your child to voice their problems, express their feelings and decide on a plan of action.
Ask Ed is designed to help children deal with real life problems from the smallest annoyance to a 'full blown catastrophe'.
Ask Ed helps children, parents and teachers work together to tackle social, emotional and behavioural issues.
Ed, the Catastrophe Scale cat guides children through the Ask Ed process; asking questions, providing advice and giving encouragement.
Ask Ed uses the Catastrophe Scale to help children put their problems into perspective. Problems may be rated from 0 (no problem) to 10 (worst ever). This helps children understand that some problems may not be as bad as first perceived and can be easily overcome (ratings 0 - 4), while more challenging problems (ratings 5 - 10) need different strategies and help from other people.
Ask Ed is a great way for children to express their problems and share their feelings, empowering them to solve their own problems and feel good about themselves.
Features of Ask Ed
• Deals with ‘real life’ problems - from the smallest annoyance to a ‘full blown’ catastrophe!
• Helps children manage feelings of frustration, sadness and anger.
• Provides messages of support and encouragement.
• Produces an Ask Ed report detailing the child’s responses.
• Report can be emailed and printed for future reference.
• Includes a database of real life problems experienced by children.
• Allows children to add their own problems and ideas.
• Help children develop real life problem solving skills and build resilience.
• Can be used at home, school or out and about.
• Works with individual children or groups of children.
• Suitable for children from pre-school to secondary school.
If you’re looking for a way to help children, Ask Ed!
Ratings and Reviews
Ask Ed at school
The problems students shared while using Ask Ed were incredible. You would never think that kids could have so many ongoing problems, until you ask them.
They trusted the process and willingly shared their worries. An effective app that can make a difference to kids. Highly recommended!
Ask Ed gets 2 thumbs up!
We mainly use this app at home to diffuse tantrums but it also works well when our kids our moping around the house and don't want to talk about what is bothering them. A quick session with Ed and they're feeling happier. A smart app that teaches kids to put things in perspective.
This is a really simple but really effective way for kids to get some perspective about how serious problems are. My 6 year old son even made a similar 'scale chart' about when he needs help, so it clearly gets through to kids.
Recommend this app.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.