aSmart HUD + is simple and clear vehicle digital dashboard featured by
- HUD mode
- SHORT TIME WEATHER FORECAST
- IPOD PLAYLIST REMOTE CONTROL
- ADJUSTABLE TRANSPARENCY APPLE MAPS SCREEN
- EDITABLE FIXED SPEED CAMERAS DATABASE
- EDITABLE RED LIGHT CAMERAS DATABASE for USA, Australia and Canada
- PHOTO CAMERA WITH IMAGE MARKING SUPPORT
It visualizes your
- current speed
- average speed,
- trip elapsed time,
- distance/time/direction to stored Home location,
- weather forecast for nearest 48 hours the with 3-hour time interval,
- maximum reached speed (during the current trip or all your trips), maximum altitude and maximum distance to the starting point of your trip.
Also it shows
- color coded distance to the nearest known fixed speed camera;
- it's speed limit (if known);
- it's position, relatively to your moving direction, what gives you an idea is the camera in front or behind you;
The fixed cameras database includes an information about speed cameras in
- Europe (whole EU)
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- United Arab Emirates
You can edit the database by adding or removing the speed cameras. Also you can change the camera speed limit.
On approach aSmartHUD will give you sound and visual warning.
NOTE: It's not guaranteed all speed cameras in your area are included into the database. However, we will release database updates right after the new information will become available.
- Tapping the "HUD" icon mirrors all the text, so if you position the iPhone horizontally under your car's windscreen you can see perfectly readable half-transparent reflection of the picture displayed. Note: this mode works pretty well at night time and twilight, but on direct sunlight the screen brightness can be insufficient.
- aSmartHUD can keep track on 4 speed limits, giving a warning (sound and visual) each time you crossing it. Normally, it's legal speed limits within cities, local roads and high-speed motorways. "Never exceed speed" is the speed you should not exceed under any conditions. Like technical limit of your vehicle or the point where government can arrest your driving license.
- You can quickly take a photo of what's going on the road. Photo will be automatically saved into the Photos Album. The speedometer image, map and a some of other useful information will be placed over your photo.
- 6 functionally different screen themes.
- Apple maps screen with adjustable transparency. Street, Satellite and Hybrid modes with all standard gestures (zoom, pan, etc.) support.
- Landscape and portrait screen modes.
- 5 different compass styles, 6 color themes, 3 sound themes, etc.
- Speed fullscreen mode (tap the speed indicator to switch into).
- Weather forecast time intervals and temperature units (C, F) are selectable in Preferences.
- Speed history log chart is placed on the bottom of the screen.
- "Records" screen (left upper button on the Location Info screen), with maximum reached speed (during the current trip or all of your trips), maximum altitude and distance from start.
- Different measurement units (km/h, mph, knots and meters per second), display color scheme, log type, sounds and more.
- You can pause, play, skip or rewind the music item in your current iPod playlist.
- Location Info (longitude and latitude, GPS measurement precision) and some more data.
IMPORTANT: this features list in not complete. Please visit the product page for more info!
On iPad 3G application runs only in "double pixel" mode. No iPod Touch or 1st-generation iPhones supported.
Thanks to everyone for your suggestions about additional functionality! THE BEST AND FASTEST WAY TO CONTACT US IS SENDING YOUR REQUESTS AND BUG REPORTS to email@example.com.
- Several small bugfixes and improvements;
- Tested for latest iOS 12 version;
Ratings and Reviews
Great idea but doesn't really work in the real world
This is an excellent application. It looks great, works well and has an intuitive itnerface. If you like the idea of a HUD while driving, this is the app to get.
That said, the iPhone screen just isn't bright enough for day time use and the sun reflects off the iPhone screen, so it only works at night. Also, I found mounting it in an appropriate place on my dash board quite difficult, you will probably have to design and make a custom iPhone mount.
Still has ads
Paid for this app yet it still has ads.... Avoid !!!
I have used this application for a couple of days and I am impressed. It shows a lot of potential. Its accuracy is very good as far as I can tell.
One thing that is rather irritating is the duration of the sound alerts available for when the speed exceeds the preset values. The sounds are all too long so I find myself choosing the NONE setting. It would be good if there was a simple 'beep' rather then the lengthy ones that currently exist.
I would also like to see screenshots on the developers website with an explanation of what each part of the display indicates. For example, I don't know why we have the numbers 1 to 12 on the compass. What do they mean?
Suggestions for updates: A start/stop feature for when one starts a trip, and once stopped, the ability to give the user an indication of the time taken for the trip, average speed, time spent stopped, time spent moving, perhaps a a 'track' on google maps etc. These features can only add to the appeal of the application.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.