Audio Memos is a professionally made audio recorder. It has an amazingly intuitive interface, which is easy to use and full of powerful features. Use it in interviews, lectures, music session, briefings, ... and simplify your recording tasks.
The New York Times - "A really useful feature is that the app can automatically start recording the moment it is started"
LifeHacker - "The best voice recording app"
TUAW - "Powerful, inexpensive, and useful"
Apple - "What's hot" section
• Best quality - adjustable to fit your needs.
• Amazingly loud - hear your recordings.
• Background recording - multitask at will*.
• iCloud - access your memos everywhere.
• Email your recordings.
• USB file transfers.
• Append audio to existing recordings.
• Search / Sort / Filter your recordings.
• Variable speed scrubbing.
• Send recordings to a computer using WiFi.
• Records when your device is in sleep mode.
• Pauses automatically on incoming phone calls.
• No time limit on recording length.
• Application lock code.
With Audio Memos, you get an amazing recorder that fits most needs. High end users can then use in-app purchases to extend its functionalities even further. See the "Top in app purchases" section, our website http://audiomemos.com or the in app info screen to get price information for the features bellow.
• Voice activated rec. - stop recording silence.
• Upload to Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, Evernote, FTP or WebDAV.
• Insert audio - insert comments easily.
• Position markers - easy navigation.
• Audio compression - email hours of recordings.
• Memo alert dates / reminders.
• Adjustable reading speed.
• Add pictures to a memo.
• Send or delete multiple recordings at a time.
• Edit your recordings (trim, overwrite, merge).
• Timer activated recording.
* recording will stop if another app uses the audio system.
• Encrypt memos sent to cloud services (IAP).
• Faster app startup.
• Fixed quality issues when playing back to some Bluetooth devices.
• Fixed use of complications on some Series 2 and 3 watches.
• Many other improvements.
Leave us a review on the App Store to tell us what you think about this update.
Ratings and Reviews
Good app with a few quirks
This is a good app. It works well and has good Help support but it does have a few quirks. It takes some time to work out that you have to make extra function purchases to do even quite simple tasks as others have highlighted. I would prefer to pay the extra few dollars and get a functioning app first up rather than waste several hours grappling with it. It would be helpful tom also have some guidelines on the different file formats and their uses. I wanted to create audio for PowerPoint but only later found which ones worked. However sound quality and ability to easily edit files afterwards make it a useful app worth having. Recommended.
Problems now appear to be fixed in latest version
The problems I had below now appear to be fixed in the latest version, so I've promoted it to 5 stars. Happy to give credit where it's due. Well done!
Tried to contact vendor to report problems but the contact link just brings up a blank page. So this (bad) review is my only option.
Before the latest version I could connect my bluetooth headset to my iPhone and AudioMemos would automatically detect it and switch mic and speaker to the bluetooth headset. When the headset was turned off, AudioMemos would automatically go back to using the internal mic and speaker.
Since the latest version, however, I have to MANUALLY change the "Use only internal hardware" to record/play using the iPhone hardware and then MANUALLY switch it back to use the bluetooth headset. This is really annoying and my frustration is increased by the total inability to contact the vendor directly. (I hope they're reading this!)
In addition, the quality of recordings goes from excellent to fuzzy/distorted when the "Use only internal hardware" option is switched off and I can't work out why. There's no problem with my iPhones speaker or mic in ANY other app.
Not at all happy and that's why the bad rating. This seems like yet another company that promises the world and happily takes your money but goes to ground when there's a problem.
I want the problems fixed, the earlier version back again, or my money back.
Good recorder but expensive
The only recorder with an amplifier option which comes in handy when I'm farther away from the source of sound, in terms of functionality this app has everything and offers more than the simple voice memo that came with iOS. The downsides are: a) you need to purchase all these features and app ends up costing $12; b) sometimes when you change record settings, amplifier volume or selecting files to edit, the app doesn't register your new changes, I have to back out and try again and this happened a few times; c) I wish the UI is a bit more interesting
- Imesart S.a.r.l.
- 36.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Imesart S.a.r.l
- In-App Purchases
- All Extensions $14.99
- Compress $2.99
- Send $2.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.