CliMate analyses are structured around the following questions:
(1) Season’s progress? When adjusting inputs during a crop or pasture season, how does the current season compare with previous conditions in terms of rainfall, temperature, heat sum or radiation?
(2) How often? What is the chance of a sowing event based on amount of rainfall over 5 days? How often is a heat sum achieved in a set period of time? What is the probability of temperature being below a critical level for germination or flowering?
(3) How wet? N? How much water and nitrate have I stored over the fallow? This may help me adjust inputs to better match yield expectations.
(4) Potential Yield? is a re-enactment of the Potential Yield calculator (PYCAL) first developed by S and D Tennant, Western Australian Department of Agriculture in 1993 and 2000.
(5) How's the drought? provides a daily update of drought status for an location
(6) How hot-cold? When determining an ideal sowing date, when are heat and cold stresses lowest for the optimum flowing time?
(7) How likely? Based on current ENSO conditions, what is the probability that rainfall or temperature is greater than or less than key thresholds (e.g. terciles, median) and how reliable have these forecasts been in the past?
(8) How’s El Nino? What is the current ENSO status based on key atmospheric and oceanic indicators? What is the Australian Bureau of Meteorology’s interpretation of this?
(9) How’s the Past? Presents views of monthly and annual rainfall and temperature summaries to allow you to explore relationships and patterns.
(10) What Trend? plots weather records to explore trends. A time series graph with a line of best fit (least sum of squares), differences from the mean and cumulative differences (residual mass curves) provide other views of long term data.
Minor bug fixes dealing with downloading SILO Data
Ratings and Reviews
This is a very detailed, but easy to use resource for climate related information, both up to date and historical data. I'm curious as to whether this information can be downloaded as a report.
Personal data collected before you disallow it
Do not install this app.
The first time you run the app, it takes a long time before telling you that your data is collected for analytics, then you can turn it off from within the app settings. It doesn’t tell you that the collected data will be removed if you disagree. And even after you uninstall the app, your data has been stored somewhere permanently and inaccessible by you.
Best of Class
Very detailed, easy to use. Easy to compare over the years and by location.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.