The Australian Financial Review App - The Daily Habit Of Successful People.
Named Newspaper App of the Year at the 2016 PANPA Awards, The Australian Financial Review app delivers curated commentary and analysis in Business, Politics, Markets, Technology and much more.
- Immerse yourself in the full suite of The Australian Financial Review’s daily and weekly sections, including Street Talk, Companies and Markets, Opinion and Rear Window
- An editorially curated experience will ensure you’re fully informed of current news, which is updated throughout the day
- The full edition of the AFR's magazines, including AFR Magazine, BOSS, Luxury and The Sophisticated Traveller, provide thought-provoking and entertaining reading
- Access to stock quotes and market data.
- Quickly find the nation's most trusted finance, business and political news as it happens
- The app's smooth experience gives you access to all the latest news and a snapshot of our best magazine content.
No matter what device you're on, the app will let you know when there is a big story breaking using push notifications.
The app is free to download, and you can unlock unlimited access to all content with a subscription directly through Fairfax Media, or make an in-app purchase through the App Store.
Additional information about Apple subscriptions:
- Purchase of an auto-renewable, weekly subscription is required to access content on The Australian Financial Review app
- Subscriptions are available for 1 week for AU$12.99 (or local currency equivalent)
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your iTunes App Store Account Settings after purchase
- Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period for AU$12.99 (or local currency equivalent)
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
- terms and conditions http://www.afr.com/subscription_terms/
This app features Nielsen's proprietary measurement software which will allow you to contribute to market research or audience ratings services. Please see http://www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy for more information
In this update of The Australian Financial Review app we have made performance improvements and fixed bugs.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Content is great, the app is lacking
While I greatly enjoy the articles using the app on the iPhone is somewhat lacking. It does not remember read articles: many times I read articles which are the marked grey, only to later on be marked back to unread. This makes it hard to make sure I’ve read it all. Secondly, I can’t seem to find a way to save the articles? Lastly it would be really great if there was a sync between the web site and the app. For example, I will read some articles on my PAC during lunch at work, and catch up on the app in the afternoon. Wouldn’t it be great if the read articles would be marked as such on the app. Other than that, not too bad.
Reading the articles
I have been so totally spoilt by the SMH and The Age apps for iPad , so not having the ability to tap on an article and read it in text mode is a major access flaw in this app, having to enlarge by dragging is not a good enough experience, especially for a premium priced app.
Next, whilst the app is fine, again unlike the SMH or Age app, there is no access available to the web version... it’s says not a subscriber and in contacting AFR support, they say they can’t see the subscription because it comes out of Apple... this is totally weird and very unsatisfactory customer experience
Can do a lot better, people
Not fit for purpose & Not fit for use
Todays Paper - Fonts too small and zooming in out is a PITA.
The Australian app is better as it allows you to tap and access full article on new tab. Closing after reading gets you back to where you were in todays paper
Scrolling thru pages & articles, refresh can freeze and focus is slow.
I am using ipad ios 13.4.1
I would have thought the leading Financial paper would have the leading App which provides best in class customer experience
But then maybe management and staff do not have any pride in their work and do not aspire to excel and beat the competitors
Just now found a way of jumping from todays paper to full text article - hold finger on article heading for a second and release
A very unprofessional feature of this app is that when you select Newsstand, you have to manually refresh, its not auto refresh
- Fairfax Media Management Pty Ltd.
- 94.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Fairfax Digital Australia & New Zealand Pty Limited
- In-App Purchases
- The Australian Financial Review app subscription $12.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.