Avaz is a full-featured, award-winning, research-based AAC app, that facilitates communication in children with autism spectrum disorders, Down Syndrome, Angelmans syndrome, cerebral palsy, and other speech disabilities. Avaz is designed to make speech therapy more effective, develop the child’s language and improve his/her intent to communicate.
Avaz Australia is a version of Avaz that is completely customized for an Australian environment, with high-quality Australian voices, an Australia-centric vocabulary, and with support provided by Zyteq - one of Australia's leading companies specialized in assistive technology and AAC.
"Avaz has a very clean presentation and is very intuitive to use. 3/3 stars" - Jane Farrall, AAC expert
"Avaz is the most flexible and functional assisted communication software I have seen for the iPad. It will open doors for countless individuals who need assisted communication." - Sandra Fleming, bestappsforkids.com
Avaz was developed in collaboration with 25 schools and 500 children, with one purpose in mind: to help children with autism and other speech disabilities achieve the most effective interactive communication possible.
The app comes with 3 research-based, graded, picture vocabularies that will help a child with autism begin to communicate. The vocabularies mimic the way verbal children learn natural language, except that instead of verbal words, Avaz uses pictures. This is the approach that therapists and educators increasingly follow, to bring out the maximum potential of a child with autism.
The customizable features give your child multiple ways to communicate! With research-based vocabulary and core words, Avaz encourages your child to develop and improve their communication. The in-app subscription fully unlocks over 15,000 symbols, 4 voices and custom photos, ensuring that your child has everything they need to communicate.
In addition to 15,000+ high-quality Symbolstix symbols, you can also take or import your own photographs from your iPad into Avaz. You can even add your voice to the messages using the record feature. Avaz takes the hassle out of 'programming' a typical AAC aid, and keeps the focus on interacting with the child. Avaz is also 'therapy-agnostic' - therapists have reported great feedback with Avaz when used with AAC systems like PECS and PODD.
While Avaz helps a child get started quickly with pictures, it's also great for facilitating easy transition into text. Avaz's keyboard has support for saving and loading text, a Quick response bar for frequently-used messages, and a picture-assisted text prediction capability for sight readers to use text.
Using the settings in Avaz, you can tailor it for a specific individual. Avaz features animation for maximizing reinforcement, the ability to remove distracting content from the screen, fine-grained control over the speech output, and a high-contrast mode. You can adjust the size of the images on Avaz, and its caption size for sight readers.
• Research based, graded Vocabulary
• Symbols and Images (15,000+ high-quality Symbolstix symbols or use your images)
• Measure the child’s progress with Avaz analytics, presented as easy to understand graphs
• Print the vocabulary as a book , now the child can get consistent access to his AAC device, even without an iPad
• Easy backup and restore using iTunes and Dropbox
• Seamless Integrated Text and Keyboard Mode
• Be Social! Share your messages using email, Facebook, Twitter
• Reinforcement using zoom and animation
• Word prediction with pictures and text
• Instant Search to explore vocabulary easily
• Consistent Motor Planning
Users get full access to pictures and high quality voices FREE for the first 2 weeks. After that users can buy a monthly auto-renewing subscription to pictures and audio for 15 AUD (per month) or do a one time purchase for 170 AUD.
TOS - www.avazapp.com/terms-of-use
1. We have added an entire parent training module to Avaz in this version!
2. You can have virtual conversations with an AAC user in the app itself - try the Communication Adventures
3. We have added Avaz Live to this version, where you can have a video call with your therapist/educator and they can control the device remotely!
4. You can now search and images from the internet within Avaz itself.
5. We have finally fixed the Dropbox issue that some users were facing.
Ratings and Reviews
- Avaz, Inc.
- 1.3 GB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018-19 Avaz Inc
- In-App Purchases
- Avaz Lifetime subscription $84.99
- Avaz 1-month subscription $14.99
- Avaz Auto Renewing Subscription $14.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.