Staying on task seems is a real challenge for our screen-bound generation. The Be Focused lets you get things done by breaking up individual tasks among discrete intervals, separated by short breaks. It’s a surprisingly effective way to retain motivation and focus. Create tasks, configure breaks and track your progress throughout the day, week or custom period.
- Manage your tasks
- Track your progress throughout the day, week or custom period
- Fast and easy goal tracking
- Customize to maximize productivity:
• Work interval duration
• Short break duration
• Long break duration
• Number of intervals between long breaks
• Target number of intervals per day
- Ability to start, pause, or skip work interval
- Auto-start the next timer (option)
- Ability to edit the number of intervals
- Ability to view the amount of skipped intervals
- Ability to paste a task list from other applications
- Pie Chart reports for better estimation how much time was spent on a certain task
- Global hotkeys
- Optional ticking sound
- Ability to change the frequency of the Chronometer sound
- Wide range of alarm sounds
- Ability to adjust the volume of the Chronometer sound
- Ability to adjust the volume of notifications
- Launch at startup option
- Also available for iPhone and iPad
- Full synchronization between iPad, iPhone and Mac
- Export to a CSV file
- No banners, no ads
Minor fixes and improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Execllend for focus
This application is great and really help you to time box your tasks, so that you are forced to keep to a schedule. Love it!
Some improvement ideas for the developers:
Pls make it easy to set custom times. You should be able to set a time from the main screen without having to create a new task to go along with this. I often find that I dont need a list of tasks, just the ability to easily set a time and press start :)
the timer should improve to have a full-screen version
The design of this application was nice in both function and aesthetic, however it is kind of annoying if you want to open a full screen timer to enhance the focus because it does not have one.
Full-screen timer should be an option avaliable for future development —— just as it is avaliable on the phone, so the time left can be enlarged into bigger size that will create a sense of urgency as well as clear all distraction on the screen —— See? Perfectly in fit with its title "Be Focused!"
This application has a really proven to be a help to me with not only staying on task for long periods of time but to also allow me to keep track of how much work I have done in the day. It would be nice to have a built in stopwatch/timer as this is not a feature that I believe is included is stock Mac OS. It has to be said too: the advertisements, while there, are discreet and I have never been bothered by them. I highly recomend this app for anyone struggling with heavy workloads or just needs help concentrating.
(this was written in my five minute break)
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.