The Birds of New Zealand app is an interactive version of the newly released Birds of New Zealand: A Photographic Guide by Paul Scofield and Brent Stephenson. This application has specific features that will enhance your birding experience.
● Universal app – the app will automatically take advantage of the larger screen when installed on an iPad.
● More than 1000 images covering over 360 bird species found in the region including distribution maps.
● Detailed and informative text covering identification, behaviour, bird calls, distribution and conservation status of the birds found in New Zealand.
● Audio of multiple bird calls for most species.
● A “Smart Search” that allows you to easily identify a bird using bird type, size, colour, physical features and habitat.
● You can select a region of New Zealand, so that the lists of birds throughout the app display only the birds in that region.
● “Bird Compare” that allows you to compare two birds on the same screen (including calls).
● A personal bird list that stores your bird sightings saved to the device and can be exported via email.
● View the Bird Index in New Zealand Common Names, Maori Names, IOC Names or Scientific Names.
*Uninstalling the program will result in the loss of your list, it is recommended that you keep your own master list separate from the program.
NB. This application WILL ONLY work on an iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad running iOS V6.1 or higher NOT A NORMAL IPOD CLASSIC/NANO.
Updated some content.
Fixed bugs and errors.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.