Blackboard Collaborate™ Mobile – Collaborate on your mobile device!
With Blackboard Collaborate Mobile, you can join web conferencing sessions right from your iPhone or iPad.
IMPORTANT: Use this app with the Original experience of Collaborate. If your institution uses the new Ultra experience of Collaborate, use the Blackboard app. If you aren’t sure which app to use, ask your moderator or institution administrator.
NOTE: This app must be enabled by your institution to function and is free for you to download. To find out if Blackboard Collaborate Mobile is available at your institution check in with your helpdesk or IT department.
With Blackboard Collaborate Mobile, participants can join a live web conference for online classes, meetings, one-on-one tutoring, group projects, office hours, and much more.
With Blackboard Collaborate Mobile, participants can:
• View whiteboard content, including images, presentations and annotations
• View shared applications and desktops
• Communicate with moderators and other participants via two-way video, audio and text chat
• View web tour and multimedia content presented by the moderator.
• Respond to yes/no and multiple-choice polling questions
• Raise their virtual hand for questions or comments
• Use emotions to indicate laughter, confusion, or approval
• View the names, polling responses, and emotions of other session members
• Participate in breakout room sessions
To attend sessions via Blackboard Collaborate Mobile, your institution must have a hosted enterprise Blackboard Collaborate web conferencing license version 12 or higher. Check with your helpdesk or technology department for more details
Now engaging and convenient access to your web conferencing sessions can be as mobile as you are.
• Now supports 64bit architecture
• Now supports iOS8 and above
• Fixed crash of the application when settings page was accessed from the application
Ratings and Reviews
I'm trying to use this app because its the only way I can do my job without borrowing someone else's computer, but whenever I click on settings the app crashes. Everything else seems to work great, but I'd like to be able to access the settings, and I dont trust the app enough to use it for my job, because if it crashes during a session the recording of it will be cut off. Please fix the bugs so I can actually use it!
A good start
This is a good start in the right direction. The audio quality is excellent and the interface clean and easy to navigate. The lack of video is a drawback, especially for users familiar with the web based program and for this app to be truly useful, this does need to be addressed. The other area for future improvement is the inability to use regular moderator tools which essentially means that if you use the app, you are doing so as a participant not a moderator.
If these issues are addressed in future updates, I envisage giving it 5 stars and a huge cheer for making my life much easier.
Issues with downloading and watching recordings
Doesn't allow you to watch videos that have been recorded. If I miss a class, I have to wait until I get to a computer before I can catch up. Pretty good app overall, but would be close to perfect once this is addressed.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.