Blue Connect, the smart water pool analyser and its eponymous smartphone app help you look after your pool 24/7, even if you are away. No more uncertainty about what is happening in you pool.
Blue Connect measures the temperature, pH, the disinfectant concentration (chlorine, bromine, salt chlorinator) and the conductivity (salinity) of the water.
The device send automatically these data thanks to teh sigfox network (verify the coverage of your place on https://www.blueconnect.io/en/produits/blue-connect/), or send manually with Bluetooth on your smartphone.
It can also send the data via you Wi-Fi network thanks to the bridge Blue Extender (see below).
Blue Connect app gives access to your pool data and notifies you in case of problem.
The application is divided in four main sections:
Dashboard: Informs you of Blue Connect’s status, the water temperature, the local weather and the quality of your pool water.
Table of values: Informs you precisely of the values measured by Blue Connect, trends, ideal values and the full measures history.
Maintenance guide: Advises you on the operations to perform to maintain the quality of the water in your pool.
Settings: Allows you to configure the settings for your pool and Blue devices, as well as have access to help and technical support.
The app is available in the following languages : English - French - Spanish - Catalan - Dutch - German - Italian - Portuguese - Czech - Polish - Swedish.
Blue is now part of the great automation family:
• It is compatible with Amazon Alexa. Alexa is a smart personal assistant. Alexa can inform you about the parameters of the water of your pool (temperature, pH, redox, conductivity, salinity...) as well as the needed maintenance action. You only need to ask, for example, "Alexa, ask Blue Connect about the pH of the water".
• It works with IFTTT. IFTTT is a free website that helps automate daily tasks. This system connects web services and connected objects, like Blue, that do not always speak the same language. IFTTT means "IF This Then That" and allows to create very simple automatisms called "recipe", for example such as: "If Blue sends a measure, log it in an excel file ."
Blue range includes other products:
Blue Check: connected strips thanks to the free app Blue Connect. Enter manually in the app the results of the test strips and benefit the info and the advices it provides.
Blue Fit50: a tapping saddle allowing to fix Blue Connect on the piping of the technical room.
Blue Extender: a casing allowing to automatically transfer the data with your Wi-Fi network. This product is particularly useful if the location of your pool is not covered by the Sigfox network.
Blue sensor Au: An optimal sensor for salt chlorinator swimming pools.
BLUE PLUS - IN-APP PURCHASE
Add features to the Blue Connect app thanks to the yearly auto-renewable Blue Plus subscription:
- Up to 20 automatic measurements each day
- View the history of your swimming pool data
- Share your pool with other users
- Take control of the notifications we send to you
- View weather forecast for the next days
Blue Plus subscription applies only to Blue Connect owners. blue by Riiot and Blue Connect Plus owners already benefit from these features.
Please note: Service title: Blue Plus. Subscription duration: 1 year. Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Renewal cost is the same as the first subscription cost. Subscriptions can be managed by the user and auto-renewal can be turned off by going to the AppStore user's Account Settings after purchase. No free trial is currently provided.
Ratings and Reviews
Great product, app has rough edges
In general, I’m really loving the Blue Connect Plus. I can see exactly what’s happening in my pool over time, and something that I used to put time aside for during the weekend I can now check instantly on my phone at any time.
However, the app has a few annoying behaviours that I’d love to see fixed:
• Often when the app sends a notification to my phone and I tap it to open the app, the app opens and immediately gives me an error. Sometimes no data loads after this and I have to kill the app and restart it to see anything.
• I’m being sent a notification every night that my pool needs attention, because every night the ORP spikes up out of the target range. Seeing as this is happening all the time and is not a problem, I don’t really want a notification unless it stays outside the range for an extended time.
• A small thing, but it would be nice if the time window for the charts both (i) changes for all charts when I change it for one of the charts (eg from “day” to “week”) and (ii) was remembered as a preference so I don’t have to keep changing to “week” every time I open the app.
I can’t believe no one has come up with this before. Such an amazing product! It’s a high cost, but well worth it.
Can’t update to Plus
Trying many times to update to Plus while the 50% sale is on. App just hangs up...
Need the Plus subscription to see history.
Developer Response ,
We are sorry to hear you've encountered issues with the Plus subscription.
Do not hesitate to contact us via our online assistance from the app (Settings --> Assistance) or from your browser: http://riiotlabs.zendesk.com/).
I'm sure we will be able to make a goodwill gesture.
Riiot Labs team.
- Riiot Labs SA
- 139.1 MB
Requires iOS 9.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Catalan, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- © Riiot Labs S.A.
- In-App Purchases
- Blue Plus (1 Blue Connect) $34.99
- Blue Plus (2 Blue Connect) $70.99
- Blue Plus (3 Blue Connect) $105.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.