Powerful Bible study tools linked to every verse in an easy-to-use, personalized Bible reader!
Dig deep into God’s Word with over 30 Bible versions, audio Bibles, text and audio commentaries, Hebrew / Greek lexicon, concordances, dictionaries, advanced word searches, and more. Customize your reading experience with rich color themes, fonts, auto scrolling, and parallel version views. Personalize your study with highlighting, underlining, and note taking options – all with Cloud back up.
Join our 7.5 million+ annual website users and 1 million+ app users who choose to dig deeper into God’s Word with Blue Letter Bible!
POWERFUL FREE BIBLE STUDY TOOLS
• Study the Hebrew & Greek with our original language lexicon
• Perform advanced word study searches using the many available dictionaries and encyclopedias
• Use the Treasury of Scripture Knowledge for an in-depth study
• Read from the many available text commentaries
• Listen to the Bible and audio commentaries
CUSTOMIZED BIBLE READER
• Christian Standard Bible (CSB) comes free & installed as part of the core Bibles!
• English Standard Version (ESV) is a free download
• Choose from over 30 Bible translations available in English, Spanish, Chinese, Korean, German, Russian, French, Hebrew, and Greek
• Choose from various color themes, adjustable fonts and sizes with an automatic option
• Read different Bible versions side-by-side
• Read the Bible with the variable speed auto-scroll feature
PERSONALIZED BIBLE STUDY
• Share verse passages to iMessage, Email, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and more
• Bookmark your favorite chapters with visual indicators in the app and organize them in custom folders
• Highlight and underline your favorite verses in customizable colors
• Backup, restore, and share your preferences locally from iCloud
• Launch the “New Resource” menu from the BLB icon
A NOTE ABOUT OLDER IPHONE / IPAD DEVICES
As of release of 2.73.0 and later we recommend upgrading to iOS 8 or later, if possible, to continue to receive BLB app updates. As of 2.73.0 we will no longer be providing updates for older devices not compatible with iOS 8.0 or later.
If you are running the BLB app on an Apple device that is using iOS 6.1 or older and are experiencing restriction issues with BLB online content, it is due to the replacement of the older SHA-1 certificates on our servers. Please visit "http://blb.sc/sha1" for more information.
Questions or issues with the BLB app after updating? We’re here to serve! First, visit our FAQs by clicking on the link to our support site to see if your question can be answered there. If not, please leave your feedback on the support page and a member of our staff will get back to you as soon as possible.
For those leaving iTunes Customer Reviews, please know that we have no way of contacting you unless you leave your feedback on the support page.
Please review and rate the Blue Letter Bible app!
Ratings and feedback will help us to improve the Blue Letter Bible app.
• Fixed iOS 9.3.x compatibility
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Very glitchy now ???
Hey guys the last few updates have not really improved the ease of use, just made it more clunky with too many steps. I preferred it when it was simpler. The search function is really, really clunky and just keeps popping up before and after things all the time, and it takes forever. I usually have to tap things three or four times to even get them to work now. I do have an older iPad but it still should not be this slow, unresponsive and clunky. Awesome app regarding content, but just don't like all the pop up windows and extra steps. Too heavy. I liked it better when it was simpler. I'm sad to say that if this is how it is going to stay and if it is glitching purely because it is too heavy for my old iPad, I may have to find a different Bible app to use. Hope not. :)
My fav bible app, but could be better
I would like the option to purchase some versions currently only available online. I would also like to see the apocrypha made available from within BLB or a similar App. Likewise the Koran would be super useful to search out texts etc. the prefaces from each of the versions would likewise be useful.
Still my favorite after many years, and my first choice of study-help.
When learning NT Greek at college I came to see how English Bible translations have been affected by the theological biases of the translators. That does not say they are wrong, simply that one single English word may not provide the several ideas suggested in the Greek and Hebrew... BLB allows me to quickly view the root word, parsing and several ways the word has been translated in other Bible passages.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.