Booktopia by Rakuten Kobo 12+
eBooks and Audiobooks
A better reading experience begins here. Go digital with a world of reading at your fingertips with the free Booktopia by Rakuten Kobo App. With over 5 million eBooks and audiobooks to choose from, there’s something for every type of reader and listener.
Purchase your eBooks and audiobooks directly from Booktopia, and you'll find them in the app immediately afterwards.
The perfect escape awaits: you'll find Australia's own beloved authors among the world's best eBooks, audiobooks, graphic novels, and children's books to enjoy instantly on your iPhone or iPad.
The Booktopia by Rakuten Kobo App adds comfort and convenience to your love of books:
• Enjoy crisp, clear text in the size and style you prefer.
• Night Mode makes reading before bedtime easier on your eyes.
• Lock the screen in portrait or landscape mode.
• Our beautifully designed, easy-to-use audiobook player makes it simple for you to move through your story with a single touch. Tap to go forwards or backwards for a few seconds, an entire chapter, or more.
• Never worry about losing your spot with automatic bookmarks, and see how much time is left at a glance.
• Schedule the timer to turn the app off after a set amount of time so you won't miss out on your story when it’s time to say goodnight.
• Read thousands of free eBook previews or listen to audiobook samples to help you find your next favourite.
• Start reading on one device and switch to another. The Booktopia by Rakuten Kobo App always remembers where you left off, so you don’t need to keep track.
• Rate and review the books you’ve read and check out reviews from other readers.
• Listen to audiobooks while you drive with CarPlay. Download them before connecting to CarPlay, or else you won’t see them.
Our latest update to the Booktopia by Rakuten Kobo App has good news for note-takers and highlighters: we've improved our Annotations feature. All your dog-ear bookmarks will now sync between your app and Kobo eReader, and any colours for your highlights or notes will be saved, even if you sign out of the app.
Please note when the update is first installed, your currently chosen colours for highlights and notes may revert to their original default colour. This will only happen once. All your highlights and notes will be saved if you'd like to choose your preferred colours again.
Thank you for reading with Booktopia by Rakuten Kobo!
Ratings and Reviews
Good for reading but not note taking
I bought a school textbook on Booktopia instead of Kindle because I liked the interface much better - smoother, streamlined, easier to read. But then I tried pulling up my note taking app next to Booktopia and realised I couldn’t. I’m stuck with my $60 textbook on Booktopia (newly published, so cannot be sourced elsewhere if you know what I mean...) so I’ll have to put up with using one device to read and one to take notes.
I hope the developers can make it possible to put this app side-by-side with another.
I’m a 30yr old type 1 diabetic who has been through all the different diets.. keto, paleo, POW carb, high protein etc. Recently I have had issues with blood sugar control and was feeling so low of energy. I knew my gut health was totally off!
I am also a registered nurse and over the years of experiencing all these diets which have been recommended to me for my diabetes clearly were not working and causing me to loose faith. I was completely fed up.
I then turned to a plant based diet and saw huge improvements in my blood sugar but I experienced some bloating and other GI upsets. So I wanted to learn more about how to transition into a plant based diet and heal my gut.
I also had recently become interested in the gut brain connection and wanted to dive into a deeper understanding and actually read something evidence based. So I turned to this book as recommended by the guys from “mastering diabetes”. And I am SO glad I did.
Fibre fueled goes into such great detail on the huge impact your gut has on your entire body! I could relate to the symptoms described in this book to a T!
This book is truely interesting and has opened my eyes to a whole new world and has emphasised the importance of eating a diverse range of plant based food in a fun way.
Last of all, the book is so light and easy to read and I finished it in 2 days. I have already told all my friends about it.
Thank you Dr. B! :)
Confessions of a menopausal woman
I read many mixed reviews about this book and at one point, decided not to purchase. Then, I was diagnosed with a medical condition and needed a hysterectomy. I decided to go ahead and purchase as Andrea is the only person I “knew” that had gone through this. Wow! I am so pleased I did, not only do I now feel armed with all the info I need to go into this major surgery (next week) but I believe my way of thinking, dealing with things and generally looking after my body, has changed for the better. I feel informed, strong, capable and positive that my life is about to change for the better. Thank you Andrea, truly life changing.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Kobo Inc.
- 100.6 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2021 Rakuten Kobo Inc.