Breaks is a beautiful surf discovery app built for fast navigation, with an incredibly powerful set of features. Thanks to features like the 3D Pan, Atlas View, Quick Zoom buttons, and an easily glanceable summary of each break's characteristics, finding breaks nearby or for your next surf trip has never been easier.
Breaks gives you detailed information on thousands of spots around the globe, including:
- Wave properties, such as its quality, consistency, ability level, direction and length.
- Details on the type of break and seabed.
- Favorable conditions such as working swell and wind directions, best tide positions and swell heights.
- How difficult it is to find and access the break, and what the crowd might be like during the week and on weekends.
- Hazards you might want to watch out for.
- Other names that the break goes by.
It's created specifically with iOS design guidelines in mind, so it fits right at home on your device, with features such as:
- Super-charged map for an amazing experience viewing breaks, by panning around them in 3D, or quickly zooming in and out to get a feel of their location.
- Tabbed interface for easy navigating of your nearby breaks, favourites, or those that are currently displayed on the map.
- An Atlas View of all the breaks that lets you drill down to their locations to find new ones or quickly display ones from a certain region.
- Powerful search that also considers alternative names a break might have.
- Settings to tweak so you can have the map work just the way you want.
- Dark mode that is also applied to the map.
- Favorite breaks, accessible across any device.
- iOS, iPadOS and macOS versions with all the same feature sets.
Breaks 2.0 is a major update with a complete rewrite of the user interface from the ground up.
- New super-charged map with powerful controls for how you visualise the breaks and where they are located.
- Much cleaner Atlas View that lets you drill down on regions and quickly view spots in a counry, district or province at a glance.
- Redesigned view of the details of each break, giving you a lot more information that can be quickly glanced over.
- Overhaul of the backend in service of the upcoming feature to add your own spots, public or secret.
- Now available on iPadOS and on the Mac App Store as well, with the complete feature set.
Ratings and Reviews
Really well done - best surfing app for sure
Obviously a lot of thought has gone into the user experience. All of the information is relevant and exactly where you need it. Very fluid, fast, and funky. Love the sound effects - quirky but not annoying. Strongly recommend for any water sports & travelers.
Breaks is the the most Awesome Surf App!
Love this app, it combines all the good features of the rest in one place. Finally! Very easy to use. Quick glance can tell me when and where to surf. Love it!
Design over function
Beautifully designed app with lots of thought put into the UX.
Although things would be better if the data was more accurate and relevant.
Swell forecast is finicky and only an offshore indicator from free online data sources. This is not very useful and relevant for spots nearshore. This misrepresentation should be explained to the user as its misleading. :-/
I found the spots in my local area were named incorrectly and others placed on the wrong side of headlands:(
Instagram feed needs to be moderated so user doesnt have to look at unrelated images.
Other than that smooth design.
3 stars max because design focused on more heavily than function.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ahmed Ragheb Khalaf
- 12.9 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires a Mac with Apple M1 chip and macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 pxlshpr
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.