Tired of living payday to payday? Can't get out of debt? Try a better way to manage your bank account(s). Budget is based on the tried and true envelope method of budgeting. It's a much easier way to see where your money is, where it's needed, and where it went.
Budget can be used stand alone or synced with Budget Touch on iOS devices. When used together Budget and Budget Touch are an unbeatable combination to help you manage your money, stay out of debt, and save for the fun things in life.
- Set a password to protect your financial data with industry standard AES-128 encryption.
- Fast transaction entry: Select from a list of previous entries or type a new entry, enter an amount, and click Record. It's that simple.
- Transaction support for deposits, checks, debits, ATM, charges, refunds, and credit card payments.
- Create transactions in single envelopes or split them between multiple envelopes.
- Enter your income to a single envelope or use the split deposit to manually distribute it.
- Transfer money between envelopes or accounts.
- Import OFX or QIF files from your bank for even less data entry; set up rules to help assign imported transactions to the correct envelope.
- Create as many bank accounts, credit card accounts, envelopes and envelope groups as you want to categorize your expenses.
- Customize your accounts and envelopes with built in icons.
- Set spending limits for your envelopes and see graphically how you are doing.
- See account balances, envelope balances, net balances, and a running balance with your transactions.
- Bank accounts can be reconciled (balanced) against bank statements.
- Get graphs and reports for expenses, deposits, budgets, and many more.
- Export your data in either tab-separated, QIF or OFX format.
- Export reports in plain text or PDF format.
- Define your income and have Budget calculate how much to put towards each envelope.
- Automatically distribute your income to your envelopes.
- If needed, prioritize and distribute deposits to envelopes using a powerful rule based system.
- iCal and Address Book integration.
US English, British English, partial Spanish, French, German, Italian and Polish translations
It's bug fix time:
- main window transaction list can be sorted once again by clicking the column headers
- fixed a crash during sync or saving a file
- no longer write bad data to XML files when copy/pasting text into transaction fields
- fixed a bug when printing some reports
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great Budgeting Tool
I enjoy how the program brings the envelope budgeting system to the digital age. It allows you allocate your pay to particular budget categories where purchases can then be tracked. You can see how much in the red/black you are until next pay. Pay periods can differ, I went from monthly pay to fortnightly pay as well allocation of money to categories can differ, e.g. $35 comes out of my fortnightly pay for my $70 a month phone bill. Budget does most of this for you but does more user interaction if needed.
Bigger costs such as annual costs can also be budgeted for by taking smaller amounts out of each pay. This has been great and made paying big cost less stressful as I can see that I have money for these.
While I have not tested other apps, I have found that budget suited my needs and was so good that I did not want to try elsewhere.
Hardly a budgeting tool
Do not buy this app expecting to be able to create a budget for the year - it merely lets you allocate your current bank balance into certain accounts. You can't do any planning and you can't match spend against any long term budget. Waste of time. You can't, say, budget for petrol at $50/week because there doesn't appear to be a time factor bult in
Not worth the money!!
Very hard to understand, set up for America not Australia, kept getting errors very frustrating to have spent so much money and I will never use it, there goes my budget!!!!
- Snowmint Creative Solutions LLC
- 12.1 MB
OS X 10.6.6 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Snowmint Creative Solutions LLC
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.