Byword makes writing notes and long-form texts easier on your Mac.
# Key features of Byword
- Designed to make writing easier with Markdown
- Sync text documents across all your Mac, iPhone, iPad devices
- Comprehensive keyboard shortcuts for extra efficiency
- Alternate dark theme for extra comfort in low-light situations
- The most complete Markdown support including footnotes, tables and cross-references
- Export documents to PDF and HTML documents
- Publish to Medium, WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger and Evernote
# Blog publishing
Publish to Medium, WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger and Evernote from Byword. Posting to your blog with Byword is as simples as:
1. Write something in Byword
2. Open File menu and select Publish
3. Confirm metadata
# More features
- List continuations
- Typewriter scrolling mode
- Great text manipulation helpers
- Word and character counters with live update
- Spell and Grammar checking and Dictionary lookup
- Extensive VoiceOver API support for visual impaired users
Here are some ways to use Byword in your life:
- For posting to your blog without using clunky web interfaces
- For research, meeting and class notes
- To write that important email without being distracted
- To capture ideas and notes and have them available in all devices
# Enhanced for macOS Mojave
- Match System Preferences' Dark appearance
- Tabs: Merge multiple documents in one window (Window > Merge All Windows)
- iCloud Drive: Sync your documents seamlessly across your devices and apps
- Handoff: Start writing on your iPhone and pick up where you left off when you sit down at your Mac
- Split screen: In case you need an extra window side by side for research
- Full screen: Get even more immersed in your words
- Autosave: Time to stop worrying about saving your work
- Versions: Review past iterations of your compositions
- Resume: Always open your documents where you left off
- Tags: A powerful new way to organize your files
We are proud to provide a super friendly customer support over email. If you have suggestions or questions, please contact us using one the methods below.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
One of THE best MultiMarkdown editors
ByWord is a relatively simple "no distraction" editor for writing Markdown and MultiMarkdown (MMD). I have a MMD test document that includes all the MMD syntax elements. ByWord handles this document with ease. There are no syntax elements that it does not parse.
In addition it can parse HTML tags.
By Word is available for bot macOS and iOS and works the same on both platforms.
There are two things I would like to see added to ByWord:
1. Customisable CSS so you can produce documents to your own style.
2. Support for CriticMarkup.
This app is really woth the small "price of entry".
The most gorgeous distraction-free editor
This is hands down my favourite markdown editor software. It is beautifully designed and works exactly as it should. Byword replaced a number of other writing apps I have been using. I still complile my work in Scrivener but if I need my creative juices flowing without distractions and whenever I need to concentrate just on writing, I always go to Byword.
Favorite Markdown Editor
I’ve used a lot of great Markdown editors but I keep coming back to Byword because:
* Minimal interface - keeps the cruft out
* Minimal outliner - keyboard shortcuts to move lines up/down/indent/outdent
* Previewer - see the final output
* Export to RTF/HTML (and others)
* Publish to Wordpress (and others)
- Metaclassy, Lda
- 3.3 MB
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Metaclassy, Lda.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.