Byword makes writing easier on your iPhone and iPad.
# Key features of Byword
- Designed to make writing with Markdown easier
- Sync text documents across all your Mac, iPhone, iPad devices
- Take all documents offline to access them anytime
- Filter documents by searching all text (Find & Replace inside documents coming soon)
- Alternate dark theme for extra comfort in low-light situations
- The most complete Markdown support including footnotes, tables and cross-references
- Export Markdown documents to PDF and HTML documents
- Publish to Medium, WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger and Evernote
# Optimized for iOS 13
- Dark mode support to match iOS preference;
- Search documents directly from iOS Spotlight;
- Multitasking and split screen on iPad;
- Shortcuts to create new document and access most recent documents right from application icon.
# Blog publishing
Publish to Medium, WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger and Evernote from Byword. Publishing your story with Byword is as simple as:
1. Write in Byword
2. Open Tools and select Publish
3. Confirm metadata
# More features
- List continuations
- TextExpander snippet expansion
- Word and character counters with live update
- Extensive VoiceOver support for visual impaired users
- Spell and Grammar checking and Dictionary lookup
- Keyboard shortcuts for formatting and navigating between screens
Here are some ways to use Byword in your life:
- For posting to your blog without using clunky web interfaces and risking losing your work
- For research, meeting and class notes
- To write that important email without being distracted
- To capture ideas and notes and have them available in all devices
# Rich text warning
Byword for iOS only works with plain text formats. Supported file extensions are: txt, text, md, mmd, rmd, markdown, markdn, mdown, mkdn, markd and fountain.
We are proud to provide a super friendly customer support. If you need help and/or have suggestions, please contact us using the mediums below.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A little disappointed
I was a little disappointed that the features that came with Byword on Mac wasn’t available on the iOS version, especially with setting preferences like adjusting the width of the document and especially the feature where you can choose whether the sentence or the paragraph would be highlighted to encourage distraction free writing. Maybe it’s cheaper on the iOS so they decided to cut those features out.. but I would’ve been happy to pay a little extra if it meant getting those features in.
Finally! Byword for iOS!
As a near-obsessive user of Byword on my MacBook Pro, my iPad always felt like it was missing that special something. A writing program that tore away the distractions and simply let me WRITE.
Byword is just that. Forget every other minimalist writing program. This is the one. You can tell that a lot of love and care has gone into Byword.
Alas, as of writing this review the iOS version of Byword has only just come out as thus is lacking a couple of little feature that made Byword for the Mac oh-so-perfect.
1) Rich-Text Format support and all the benefits that come with it (it's the only format I use in Byword for Mac).
2) "Darkroom" view. Again, it's the only way to go and it helps to fight off that bright white glare of the vibrant and often obtrusive computer screen.
Should these two things be added in a future update, this App would be flawless. A sublime minimalist writing program.
But, until then, I shall wait and watch expectantly. :)
I wrote...’I can't open this app with iOS13 yet...’, but after turning iCloud off & open Byword and turning on again...it works correctly!
Hope this is helpful for someone...
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.