Caustic 3 is a music creation tool inspired by rack-mount synthesizer/sampler rigs.
Everything is real-time and optimized for mobile devices.
Create your rack by adding up to 14 machines from a choice of:
* Subsynth - Virtual analog subtractive synthesizer
* PCMSynth - Multi-sample wave synthesizer
* BassLine - 303-like monosynth
* BeatBox - 8-channel sampling drum machine
* PadSynth - Harmonic table pad synthesizer
* 8BitSynth - 8bit equation solver synthesizer
* Modular - Fully configurable and routable synthesizer
* Organ - Tonewheel organ with rotary speaker
* Vocoder - 8-band harmonic vocoder
* FMSynth - DX-style 3-operator fm synthesizer
* KSSynth - Karplus-Strong string modeling synthesizer
* SawSynth - Supersaw-type synthesizer
The app also includes:
* Effects rack supporting 2 effects per machine (20 effect types).
* Mixer desk with EQ, panning and global Delay/Reverb effects.
* Master section with effect slots, parametric EQ and limiter.
* Song sequencer
AudioBus support for Input and Output slots.
AudioCopy Paste + AudioShare support for import and export.
Supports automation recording on most controls and includes powerful editors for modifying automation curves.
Users can record their own WAV files for use in the PCMSynth, BeatBox, and Vocoder or import files through iTunes file sharing, ACP, AudioShare, or the built-in FTP server.
Supports all uncompressed WAV files (8-16-24-32bit, any sampling rate).
The PCMSynth can also load SoundFont files (.sf2), SFZ and FL/Xewton instruments (.instr, .ZIP)
"Open In.." import support for all preset types, .WAV, .SF2 and .MID.
(MIDI (.mid) files can be imported as raw sequencer note data.)
Supports CoreMIDI and virtual MIDI for note, velocity and CC data. (be sure to set "Enable background audio" in advanced options to use virtual MIDI)
See the in-app help section for dozens of informative tutorial videos and full online manual.
There is also a FREE (full version) PC/Mac version available for download on the product website.
Come visit www.singlecellsoftware.com to download more presets, request features, share your tracks and hear what others are creating with Caustic 3.
Works on iPhone/iPod but iPad is recommended.
New machine: SawSynth (Polyphonic supersaw-type synth)
New "melody helper" to lock keyboards to scales
Support for more time signatures (3/4, 4/4, 5/4, 6/4, 7/4) from the song page and in pattern editors
Tool to create new PCMSynth instruments by merging your rack.
PCMSynth: Stereo sample support
Modular: Added stereo out to machine input component
Bassline: Custom waveform support
8BitSynth: Random equation generator
Patterns show preview of notes
Quick jump table replaces machine list
Create machine by double tapping empty slot
Automation editor workflow visual crosshairs
Wave editor enhancements:
- Stereo support
- Effect support
- BPM detection
- Insert silence
- Time ruler w/snap
Added mixer + transport MIDI mappings
Added support for using MIDI notes as CC triggers
Effect bypass is now keyable
Improved typing keyboard with uppercase/lowercase support
New loop and stem export options
More keyboard key width options for large screens
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
amazing and efficient
best value package all in one studio like the old Reason 3.0 on desktop.
Surprisingly, the little modular synth in this sounds better than the big modulars by other developers that make you pay for each component.
All the machines that make up this studio sound great and consume little cpu.
The only criticisms i have are
- midi file import (fixed next patch)
- audiobus (fixed next patch)
- screen size doesnt fit right, it crops the top and bottom in landscape mode, this needs fixing.
I would love to see the following and would be willing to pay extra for the options...
- would like more flexible fx routing options (fx chains, channel splits, etc)
- would like a better compressor or a multiband compressor, this would make glueing multiple parts together to create a layered super synth a possibility.
- ability to layer samples in both the PCM and the Beatbox, with the option to roundrobin/random or layer/blend.
Fun purchase, highly reccomended.
Please refund me
Please refund me, I have only just bought it and it’s not doing what it’s showed to be doing. Bluetooth should work.
Awesome Sound, Great Value
This app gives a lot of similar apps a run for their money, money being the operative word, as all the the instruments and effects come WITH THE APP at no extra cost. Nice to see a developer put their cards on the tabletop..;))
Simple and intuitive interface with great sounding rack modules.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.