A polished, full featured way to play chess against friends or random opponents online. Play fast chess with a clock, or play many correspondence games at a time making moves whenever you have a chance every day or so.
"Fantastic app. Easily the best head-to-head app out there!" -Leo Laporte
"Social Chess Is The Best Way To Get Your iCheckmate On" -CultOfMac.com
* No Advertisements!
* Beautiful, clean, intuitive layout.
* Features are chosen and implemented carefully.
* Your privacy is respected. We will not spam or share any user info.
* Game features are driven by your feedback.
* Statistics - ELO Rating, Wins, Losses, Draws.
* Elo Charts & Per Opponent statistics.
* Advanced features such as Conditional Moves and Premoves.
* Receive push notifications when a game is updated.
* Play even when there is no internet connection. Moves are sent later.
* Play up to 5 games at a time, or increase it to 100 with In-App purchase.
* Search for opponents by username, email, or we'll match you with a random opponent.
* Claim Victory if opponent does not make a move in the time allowed.
* Optional Takeback move.
* Analysis Board to work out your strategy.
* User Profile including picture, comments, etc.
* Map view of your opponent's location.
* Chat and Group Chat
* Browse your opponent's games, and their opponent's games.
* Elo Rankings
* bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Easily the best chess app out there
Like the title says, you’ll be hard pressed to find a better app. I’ve been playing chess on the iPhone since 2009 and have downloaded and paid for a lots and lots of mostly crappy apps and at best, so-so. They’re all let down by poor design and annoying bugs that often cost you games when you’re playing speed chess. This one has everything - fast games, slow games (like Chess With Friends turn based games, but the difference is, this actually works), easy controls, and a large enough player base to make it worthwhile, and I’m still yet to find one bug. Have gladly paid for it - less than the cost of two beers. If I don’t drink tonight then I’ve made my money back!
Good but not as great as before
It’s still the best chess app but the last update wrecked some great features. Like the design of the home page now looks cut-off on one side, secondly the level graph is less functional since it shows segments of time (months, years etc) instead of the zoom feature before which allowed me to focus on any length of time.
For people who enjoy their chess. It’s a friendly environment, but there is no compulsion to ‘chat’ if you don’t want to.
The interface is user friendly and attractive. There are useful features for competitive play without the clutter.
- Lee Carlson
- 106.3 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- © 2020 Woodchop Software LLC
- In-App Purchases
- 1 Year Membership $12.99
- 1 Year Membership $12.99
- 1 Year Membership $5.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.