ChineseSkill is the best Mandarin Chinese learning app for beginners!
1. Game-based learning course: an easy start for beginners;
2. Quality courses based on the CEFR;
3. Learning while testing (provides review and consolidation);
4. Native pronunciation at standard or slower speed;
5. A novel way to study Chinese characters;
6. Displays Chinese as pinyin or characters or both;
7. Switches easily between simplified and traditional Chinese;
8. Learning progress synchronized across iPad, iPhone, iPod touch;
9. Keep new vocabulary and sentence patterns in your long-term memory;
10. Effective and efficient for learners on the go;
How does ChineseSkill make Chinese learning so easy?
- Learning is game based.
ChineseSkill uses mini-games that test your listening, reading, writing and speaking skills through the entire learning process.
- It’s task-driven.
Content is organized into various skills which are practical and keep learning motivation active.
- It’s effective.
Every item can be mastered in a short time. And you are able to track your progress and review characters, words and sentences on the go.
- It’s helpful.
You are able to record your Chinese pronunciation and compare it with standard pronunciation.
- It makes complicated things simple.
Chinese handwriting, characters and pronunciation are made simple in ChineseSkill. All you need to do is tap and move.
You will have lessons that cover:
Greeting and Introductions;
Past and Future
Friends and Social Life
Dinning and Vacation
Dating and flirting
To help users Chinese language skills more fluent, we append the new valued-added Premium Lessons, which has the following cool features:
■ Listening: You can listen to the entire dialogue or only areas you would like to improve.
■ Speaking: You can practice your pronunciation by recording your speaking and comparing it with the standard pronunciation.
■ Reading: You can tap on any words while reading and the app will demonstrate its pronunciation and translation. You may also add words to your favorite category and keep them in one place.
■ Dictation: Collaborative games are designed to test your ability to form sentences according to the audio. It will keep you motivated and master the lessons in no time.
■ Vocabulary: Key words for each lesson will be stored for future review.
■ Lessons: Contains various topics of REAL Chinese dialogues and new lessons will be added weekly
■ Offline learning supported.
■ Written translations in Traditional & Simplified Chinese, Pinyin and English.
■ Audios from native speakers are provided for each sentence.
■ Adjustable audio speed and font size.
You will need a membership in order to access all courses and features.
Monthly subscription for $5.99
Three-Month Subscription for $13.99
Annual subscription for $35.99
More information about the subscription:
- The above prices are for U.S. customers. Pricing in other countries may vary, and changes may be converted to your local currency depending on your country of residence.
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Your iTunes Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.
Support Url: https://www.facebook.com/chineseskill
Support Email: email@example.com
Learn Chinese with videos and Speech Recognition! This update brings you two new features that will boost your fluency and help you to stay motivated! You can now complete exercises with videos of native Chinese speakers and speak better Chinese by having your recording graded, powered by Apple.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Essential, meticulous and cleverly conceived
This app is a gentle yet exacting digital teacher. It builds your understanding chunk by chunk, always with audio to accompany every character and every word of pinyin. The words are taught alone and then in meaningful, useable sentences. Each lesson provides an extra timed revision activity over 5 minutes that you can retake as often as you wish. The pinyin is there if you need it, but you can turn it off and work with the characters and audio alone. After only 2 months, I found that I could function without the pinyin and focus purely on the characters. This app deserves to be a leading player and a model for other designers in the digital education revolution. Thank you very much, developers!
I’ve been learning Chinese for many years off and on and the current version of this app is incredibly improved from much earlier days. My only criticism of this app is the speed at which some of the videos of humans speaking is so very fast that it’s totally unrealistic. I don’t think anyone speaks at this speed. But don’t let this put you off as these videos aren’t frequent and everything else is really excellent. Take the time to do the speaking and listen back to yourself. Really important and very fruitful in terms of improvement. Love the improved app so much that I’ve bought the lifetime membership. Good luck and enjoy.
Wow, words cannot simply express how I am feeling! I am a beginner at Chinese, I have come across some apps but none as good as this. Other apps taught me how to say and pronounce the words which is great and all but I never knew how to write or the characters, which this app does. I am even extremely happy and blessed that the app is 100% free including all of its contents. I look forward to learning more and even more motivated, thank you very much for creating this app, for those reading this review I highly recommend it.
- Chineseskill Co., Ltd.
- 239.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © ChineseSkill
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly premium subscription $9.49
- Lifetime membership premium $71.99
- Annual Chinese Learning Plan $46.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.