This is the latest AnyConnect application for Apple iOS.
Please report any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please consult with your EMM vendor on configuration changes required to configure this new version if you are not setting it up manually. Samples at: https://community.cisco.com/t5/security-blogs/anyconnect-apple-ios-transition-to-apple-s-latest-vpn-framework/ba-p/3098264
LICENSING AND INFRASTRUCTURE REQUIREMENTS:
You must have an active AnyConnect Plus, Apex or VPN Only term/contract to utilize this software. Use is no longer permitted for older Essentials/Premium with Mobile licensing. AnyConnect may never be used with non-Cisco servers.
Trial AnyConnect Apex (ASA) licenses are available for administrators at www.cisco.com/go/license
AnyConnect for iOS requires Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) Boot image 8.0(4) or later.
Per App VPN requires ASA 9.3(2) or later (5500-X/ASAv only) with Plus, Apex or VPN Only licensing and a minimum Apple iOS version of 10.x.
For additional licensing questions, please contact ac-mobile-license-request (AT) cisco.com and include a copy of "show version" from your Cisco ASA.
Licensing Ordering Guide: http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/security/anyconnect-og.pdf
Cisco AnyConnect provides reliable and easy-to-deploy encrypted network connectivity from any Apple iOS by delivering persistent corporate access for users on the go. Whether providing access to business email, a virtual desktop session, or most other iOS applications, AnyConnect enables business-critical application connectivity. Through the use of Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS), TCP-based applications and latency-sensitive traffic (such as voice over IP [VoIP]) are provided an optimized communication path to corporate resources.
Additionally, AnyConnect support IPsec IKEv2 with Next Generation Encryption.
- Automatically adapts its tunneling to the most efficient method possible based on network constraints, using TLS and DTLS.
- DTLS provides an optimized connection for TCP-based application access and latency-sensitive traffic, such as VoIP traffic
- Network roaming capability allows connectivity to resume seamlessly after IP address change, loss of connectivity, or device standby
- Wide Range of Authentication Options: RADIUS, RSA SecurID, Active Directory/Kerberos, Digital Certificates, LDAP, multifactor authentication
- Supports certificate deployment using Apple iOS and AnyConnect integrated SCEP
- Compatible with Apple iOS Connect On Demand VPN capability for automatic VPN connections when required by an application
- Policies can be preconfigured or configured locally, and can be automatically updated from the VPN headend
- Access to internal IPv4 and IPv6 network resources
- Administrator-controlled split / full tunneling network access policy
- Per App VPN (TCP and UDP) - MDM controlled
If you are an end-user and have any issues or concerns, please contact your organization’s support department. If you are a System Administrator having difficulties configuring or utilizing the Application, please contact your designated support point of contact.
If you would like to give feedback, suggestions, or leave comments directly to the team, you can reach us on Twitter @anyconnect.
End user license:
General improvements and bug fixes.
Please report any questions or problems to email@example.com.
Please note that in the 4.9 AnyConnect releases certain less secure cipher suites have been removed. If you have difficulty connecting please contact your system administrator.
* For SSL VPN, AnyConnect no longer supports the following cipher suites from both TLS and DTLS:
* DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA and DES-CBC3-SHA
* For IKEv2/IPsec, AnyConnect no longer supports the following algorithms:
* Encryption algorithms: DES and 3DES
* Pseudo Random Function (PRF) algorithm: MD5
* Integrity algorithm: MD5
* Diffie-Hellman (DH) groups: 2, 5, 14, 24
Please see: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect49/release/notes/release-notes-apple-ios-anyconnect-4-9.html#Cisco_Reference.dita_dd92937a-8748-4d79-80fa-e99120b268cc
AnyConnect 4.9 on iOS adds support for multiple tunnels (requires MDM/EMM configuration).
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Works well, but wish there was a way to remember password.
It works but does nothing better than the legacy client. Needs to have IPv6 supported in the UI as no stats or details are displayed on native IPv6 connection to the server.
Accessibility settings not catered for
App works fine - but if ios is set to large text on iPhone then this app can’t scale the UI and thus becomes unusable without a change to standard text size.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.