Lose Yourself Without Getting Lost!
Thousands of self-guided walking tours, travel articles, and offline city maps in 1,000+ cities around the world included in this handy app.
The app turns your mobile device into a personal tour guide using its built-in GPS functions. The thousands of self-guided walking tours and travel articles will guide you to the landmarks, historical sites, museums, restaurants, nightlife venues and other interesting spots in over 1,000 cities worldwide.
All the walking tours and articles included in this app operate OFFLINE without any need of cellular data plan or Internet connection, so you need not worry about expensive roaming when traveling abroad. The app is a must-have for all travelers!
The highlights and main features of the app include:
* Self-guided walking tours guide you to discover destinations on your own.
* Thousands of travel articles make planning a trip really easy.
* Detailed offline city maps.
* Ability to create your own walking tour to visit the attractions that interest you.
* All walking tours come with detailed walking tour maps.
* Create self-guided walk to visit the attractions featured in travel article.
* The "FindMe" feature displaying your exact location plus Auto Tracking feature displaying your movement on the map, so you always know if you are moving in the right direction.
* Get Route function to dynamically create a walk route from your current location to a selected attraction.
This revolutionary application makes bus tours obsolete. You no longer need to hop on a tour bus or join a tour group; now you can explore all of the best attractions on your own, at your own pace, and at a cost that is only a fraction of what you would normally pay for a guided tour.
This app supports subscription which allows you to access all the walking tours and articles in this app at one low price.
How The Annual Subscription Works:
* For $12.99 you will get access to the full version functions in all the 480 city walks guides (London, Rome, Paris, Tokyo, etc.) included in this app for one year. Travel articles are not included in this subscription.
* For $12.99, you will get access to the full version functions in all the travel articles in 900+ cities worldwide (London, Rome, Paris, Tokyo, etc.) included in this app for one year. City walks guides are not included in this subscription.
* For $18.99, you will get access to the full version functions in all the 480 city walking guides plus travel articles in over 900 cities for one year. Together they cover over 1,000 cities worldwide
* A 3-day Free Trial is provided under each subscription upgrade offer. Your account will not be charged anything as long as you cancel the subscription at least 24 hours before the end of the Free Trial.
* Your annual subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renewal is canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period.
* Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at the confirmation of the subscription purchase or after the Free Trial has completed.
* You may turn off the auto-renewal at any time from your iTunes account settings.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. This app gives you the option to turn off the GPS tracking in the background to prolong the battery life.
Note: This app relies on GPS for its navigation functions. For best experience, it is recommended to use the app on iPhone and iPad cellular+wifi models. It is not recommended to use the app on iPad wifi-only models due to lack of built-in GPS support in these models.
Visit our website at www.GPSmyCity.com for more information.
- General improvement and bug fix.
Ratings and Reviews
I used this in Vienna, Budapest and London. It helped me plan my itinerary and the GPS aspect meant I got lost less often!
Love,love,love this app!
This is a great travel app. I have used it in cities in France, Italy, Greece, Portugal, Switzerland, New Zealand and even my own home city of Sydney, Australia. The provided sightseeing maps and site details are very informative and you can even create your own walks by marking the things you want to see and leaving off those you don’t. The GPS directions are really clear and easy to follow. It is a cost effective way to tour a city at your own pace and you get to choose the places you want to see unlike the limitations of an organised tour. I might also add if you do have any problems with the app the developers are only an email away. They reply promptly, are very friendly and really go out of their way to help you . Cannot recommend it highly enough.
Good but lacks stability
Downloaded for free then have to pay for a subscription or individual locations. Paid for a map of Venice which worked fine the first time. Shutdown but when I went to start the app again it just kept crashing. When it finally worked it was useful. Absolutely killed my battery though used 80% of an iPhone X battery in less than 4 hours. I normally get about a day and a half from normal use. Not sure I’ll use again
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the review. Not sure why it was crashing before it worked. In such situations, you can try turning off/on your iPhone - it usually helps. We use our phones for so many things these days. Stop using a useful app to prolong the phone battery may not be the best decision. Instead you may want to consider buying an external battery which is quite cheap these days.
- GPSmyCity.com, Inc.
- 117.2 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2011 GPSmyCity.com Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Chisinau Guide $7.99
- Cork Guide $7.99
- Cologne Guide $7.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.