Give a Cluck and find out how free range those eggs really are with the CluckAR augmented reality app from CHOICE, Australia's leading consumer advocacy group. Just point your phone at the top of an egg carton and see for yourself. Not every egg labeled “free range” can pass our test. With CluckAR you can find the googiest eggs around.
* Updated on-device carton database
Ratings and Reviews
I hate the idea of supporting unethical companies so am always googling in the supermarket in front of the eggs, trying to work out which ones I can buy. This makes it much simpler, and is fun for my kid with an excellent visual to help him understand why it’s important that we don’t just trust what the package says. It’s making us both better consumers and making it easier to buy ethically. Big thumbs up.
Eggstra special app!
I’ve used this app lots of times in different shops and it’s been great every time. I’ve found ones that look free range but the app tells me that they’ve had court proceedings against them for misleading consumers, so I don’t buy those eggs. I’ve found ones that were not in the database so I submitted it to be added. It’s just great. Not sure why people are having problems. I never have and I have an iPhone 6 and iPhone X
Great but with 2 small problems
Really great idea and the AR works perfectly with just a couple of bugs.
1. Really slow to load maps and other data
2. On an iPhone X sometimes it can lock out access to the home swipe/app switcher action, trapping you in the app. The only way to escape this without restarting the phone is to double click the right button to activate Siri, ask Siri to open another app eg “open safari” then you can use the app switcher again to force quit CluckAR.
- Australian Consumers' Association
- 172.8 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Copyright 2016 CHOICE
- In-App Purchases
- The Good Egg Cookbook $9.99
- A House Made of Avocado On Toast $2.99
- Golden Egg $1.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.