Over 95,000 translations • Conjugates thousands of Italian and English verbs • Hundreds of usage notes and examples • No internet connection required
Carry a dependable Italian and English reference everywhere you go with the Collins Pro Italian-English Translation Dictionary. This app contains dictionary data from HarperCollins in our popular Ultralingua interface. Use our verb conjugation tool to find complete conjugations of thousands of verbs in all standard forms, and the number translator to convert numerals into Italian or English text instantly.
• Over 70,000 entries with 95,000 translations
• Tap-and-hold any word or phrase and choose "Speak" from the popup menu to hear that word spoken using Apple's built-in text-to-speech feature.
• Noun genders
• Slang, technical language, and regional differences in spelling and usage
• Hundreds of usage notes about troublesome constructions
• Smart search results in case you misspell or mistype
• Search-as-you-go displays words and narrows your selection as you type
• Conjugations for thousands of Italian and English verbs
• Includes all standard tenses and forms
• Smart search finds infinitives and catches misspellings
• Must-have reference tool for any student or language professional
• On iPhone/iPod touch, conjugate a verb from the dictionary results by tapping it
• Translate numerals into Italian and English text with the number tool
• Language swapper button to switch from Italian-English to English-Italian
• Tap the history button to view the 50 most recent dictionary definitions, verb conjugations, and more in one place. Sort the list alphabetically or by date, and choose to clear the list completely or delete one entry at a time.
• No internet connection required
• Change your device settings to view the app display in English, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, or German
"The most useful language app for the iPhone - I've been using a number of iPhone apps to help me learn Italian. The dictionary is quite large. The at-a-glance conjugation tables are fantastic. And when I was learning numbers, the quick number pad was a brilliant help." -User review
"Buy it, it's the best - You get what you pay for in the AppStore. I tried all the other Italian translations tools as I'm learning Italian and living in an Italian speaking country. Prior to getting this tool I was frustrated to tears by the poor quality of the other tools." -User review
"This is an outstanding app, it has a deep database and you will leave your dictionary, phrase book and verb conjugation book at home when going to class or traveling (no need for an Internet connection either). Accurate translations, many idiomatic expressions given along with definitions."
This universal app will run on iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, so you can purchase it once and load it onto all your devices. The iPad and iPhone/iPod touch versions look and behave differently to give you a great experience on every device you own. The interface will change, but you’ll always have the same outstanding language data and tools inside.
Dictionaries are available from Ultralingua for many languages, including combinations of English, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, German, and more. See what else we have to offer by searching for Ultralingua in the App Store.
Follow us on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook for app news, language learning tips, and more:
• Updated for iOS 13 and the iPhone 11, 11 Pro, and 11 Pro Max
• Improved navigation of verb tenses
• We have stopped collecting usage analytics
• Data improvements
• Small bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Response to anyone who has the same view as the negative post.
Apps are not the be all to end all. As an Italian can I tell you most translations or works from books are from non Italian background people. That is they Learnt italian Themselves. Too many times I see misspelled words. The other thing to think of some authors also use random dialect words because that is what they were taught. On a positive note you are right there bare many methods now on the internet to find the answer for free. But what if you don’t have access to the web?
Collins Italian Dictionary
Excellent in every way, with words, ability to hear every word pronounced, extensive descriptions of words and their meanings and uses, verb conjugations with translation. Also, unexpectedly, the ability to search the web for transactions of words not listed in the dictionary. Excellent value for money.
Can't fault this App. I have the paper version which at 3kg is a little inconvenient to carry around with me. The wonderful thing about this dictionary is it gives you lots of different examples of word usage including whole sentences and phrases. The e-version has wonderful features like touching any word and it will translate it, conjugate it if it's a verb or do a Google search on it. It has a history of the recent words and a back button to go to recent searches. Would be good if you could delete individual history items but maybe that will come. $60 for the paper version was worth every penny, now $30 for this App is too.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Ultralingua, Inc.
- 24.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires a Mac with Apple M1 chip and macOS 11 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Ultralingua, Inc. 2020
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.