Color Picker, the utility application, designed for all Cocoa developers and application designers. An efficient color picker, for professionals, who care about optimizing their workflow and speed up their process.
With Color Picker, you can choose any color from everywhere on your screen using the magnifier and selecting your desired pixel. Then a preview of the color, its Hexadecimal, RGB value, NSColor and UIColor is displayed.
You can copy the code with a single click, drag 'n drop or use the new shortcuts to paste it into your source code.
Color Picker has now become even better.
- With the new Menubar option, you can quickly access your recently copied or recently saved colors.
- The magnifier tool is instantly displaying a preview of the color. (HEX or RGB)
- Drag and drop your code from the application to any program you are working on. (e.g. Xcode)
Additionally, the app can read any HEX or RGB values that you might type and show you the corresponding color and code.
Last but not least, Color Picker gets you out of trouble remembering the colors you used, as it contains a library, where you can store the colors for any use in the future, simply by dragging the preview box to the library.
Especially for developers is now given the chance of Zero suppression, where they can remove redundant zeroes from the float numbers, as well as appending a semicolon in the source code.
- Touch bar integration
- Added menubar icon
- Added recently saved and copied colors
- Code is draggable to other apps (e.g. Xcode)
- HEX or RGB value showing in the magnifier
- Retina support
- Pick up any color using the new built-in magnifying glass tool
- Save as many colors in the library for future use.
- Copy the format you need for your source code (e.g. NSColor, UIColor, HEX, RGB)
Color Picker requires macOS 10.10 or later
Visit our website to contact us www.nscoding.co.uk for anything you may need or wonder!
Send your feature requests at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dark mode support
- Bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Simple app for corporate colours
This makes applying your corporate colour schemes really simple - just take the eye dropper and make a pallette of the colours you wish to use. (OK you could use the official guides they make but often I find it better to see it in action)
Just used this app for about 2hrs - BRILLIANT!! I would even pay for this but its free!
Multi Screen Bug
Hey guys I found a bug.
When you have two displays that have different resolutions (I have macbook pro retina display and 1920 x 1080 monitor) the color picker magnifier doesn’t track where the mouse is properly on the 1080p display (it shows a different part of the screen). I’m guessing it’s probably to do with difference in resolution / dpi between the displays. So that confines me to only the native macbook display when I’m using it.
Hope that helps.
Otherwise nice little app! :)
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.