The CommBank Youth app is a fun and safe way to help teach your child to earn, save and spend responsibly.
The CommBank Youth app helps you develop your child’s money management skills with a hands-on experience that is 100% secure.
Top features for children
• See your money and track your spending
• Set savings goals and watch your money grow
• Set chores, tick them off as you go and share your progress with your parent or guardian
• Move money between your Youthsaver account and Smart Access Account for Youth
• See the Dollarmites tokens you’ve collected through the School Banking program.
Features for parents & guardians
• Track your child’s banking in your accounts list in the CommBank app
• Keep an eye on your child’s spending by setting a weekly limit and card lock
• Know your child’s money can only be moved between their own accounts and nowhere else
• Add multiple children to one device.
To use the CommBank Youth app your child will need an account with the Commonwealth Bank and a NetBank client number. You can open a Youthsaver account and a Smart Access Account for Youth online and get a NetBank client number.
• If you can see your child’s account in NetBank or the CommBank app, you can get a NetBank client number online
• If your child already has an account but doesn’t have a NetBank client number, you'll need to visit a branch and bring your child’s birth certificate.
To use the app you’ll need iOS9 or above and have your phone’s language set to English & region to Australia.
100% Security Guarantee
The CommBank Youth app is covered by our 100% Security Guarantee, which means we’ll cover any loss should someone make an unauthorised transaction on your account using the app, provided you protect your phone, password or PIN and immediately notify us of the loss, theft or misuse of your phone, password or PIN, and of any suspicious activity on your accounts.
Commonwealth Bank of Australia ABN 48 123 123 124
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Really buggy app, CommBank!
It’s great that you can tick your chores but sometimes it crosses it off the list before you tick it, wondering if it’s a bug but other than that it’s great. Fix this bug please? Thanks
EDITED: The app bugged my child’s account and remove the “School” section so me and my child can’t seem to track School Banking Silver Dollarmites tokens (Too bad now we can’t redeem rewards). It also cleared all the chores so it says “No jobs [day] (Substitute “[day]” with ‘today’ ‘yesterday’ or the days of the week)”. He (I mean by my child) can’t even track his Debit MasterCard weekly limit anymore (Instead of the weekly limit bar it says “Your weekly limit is unavailable right now”)
EDITED FOR THE SECOND TIME: It loads really slow now
Great for kids to track savings
We have this for our oldest kids to help them keep track of their savings. We don’t use the goals section yet, but the chores section is a great way for them to see how the money adds up. It’s a good app for kids who participate in the school banking programme too as they can get reminders for Banking day and how far away they are for their next reward.
It’s great that it lets my children have goals but it would be even better if they were able to have a long term goal & a few short term goals to save for. It currently takes the money from the long term goal & finishes the short term goals so they can’t add money to them gradually.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.