Get recipe organised! Save recipes from your favourite websites and magazines. Scan recipes from books and magazines. Access recipes from your mobile, tablet and desktop devices. Always available offline. Plan meals and create shopping lists. Cook with intuitive displays, timers and much, much more! CookBook is the best Kitchen tool around and the only recipe app with real-time OCR.
• Import – save recipes from websites, enter from books or use your culinary expertise and update on the fly with new ingredients, steps and pictures as you cook.
• Offline recipes – All recipe data and images are saved locally for offline usage.
• Cloud Storage (FREE!) - Automatically synchronises and stores your recipe information with our CookBook cloud to enable access from the mobile applications and our FREE website.
• Convert - Seamlessly convert ingredients from your entered and imported recipes to your preferred US, Imperial and Metric measures.
• Meal Plan & Shopping – plan your weekly meals with the required servings and create interactive shopping lists from your plan to take shopping or to export and use later.
• Cooking Mode – Intuitive cooking with text reading, ingredient toggles and multiple timers!
• Search – find by ingredient, tag your meals with categories or make them a favourite to quickly find and access the meal you are looking for.
• Share – send recipes via AirDrop in the CookBook format, PDF, email, HTML or YAML format
• Timers – Automatic detection of timers from text
• Scan (OCR) – save recipes directly from your camera, straight into CookBook (note: this is now free to use!)
• Multi-platform – Access recipe data on our website (FREE!) or from other popular mobile platforms.
• Select between 2 beautiful sleek CookBook designs.
• Quickly scale recipe ingredients to your desired number of servings.
• Search for recipes using the leftovers in your fridge
• Create recipe timers automatically from detected instructions or enter them manually to alert you when you are needed in the kitchen.
• Run concurrent timers across the recipes you are currently cooking to multitask.
• Use our default or create new categories to help you keep your recipes organised.
• Add an overall photo and individual photos to each recipe step to create easy visual directions.
• Recipes available offline to allow you access when you have no internet connection.
• ‘Surprise me’ feature for those times when you just can’t decide what to eat!
• All this and more, accessible on our website or through our dedicated mobile applications, synchronised across your devices, on or offline, with one account and no annoying adverts.
Our developers are continually working to perfect CookBook and therefore we want to hear from you, what you think and what you’d like CookBook to do next! Use the ‘Contact Us’ page to get in touch and one of our team will get straight back to you.
Your recipes, your kitchen, your CookBook.
- New recipe search interface!
- Improved speed and recipe display
- Various bug fixes (conversion, detection, cups)
- You can now enter custom ingredients or text into the meal planner directly!
- Generate a PDF of your meal plan
- Save recipes to HTML and YAML format for sharing with users on other applications
- Bulk export / backup recipes
- Recipe scanning updates allowing you to scan for title, descriptions, notes, ingredients, steps and much more!
- Recipe scanning option from PDFs
- Output PDF support for alternate languages and character sets
- Enhanced memory usage and battery performance
Ratings and Reviews
Brilliant app - exactly what I needed!!
I absolutely love this app. I cook from a lot of internet recipes and was forever trying to google “pumpkin soup” and find THE pumpkin soup I made that one time that was so amazing...and it was a real pain. Then I found this app and it has changed my life! It’s like finding a magic recipe book that has all your favourite recipes in it and nothing else, and unlimited ability to add more! User experience is pretty flawless - just click a button and a recipe is imported, and neatly sliced up into ingredients and method which helps with shopping. I have never rated an app on the App Store before but I literally could not resist this time. It is the best app on my phone!!
Appears to the perfect recipe app so far
Have been using for a few days only but can see this is just the app I was after. I appreciate all the ways a recipe can be saved into the app, especially the ability to photograph ingredients lists and methods from a book. This is instantly transcribed (more accurately than I would have anticipated requiring only a few quantity corrections) saving any typing. Love how it syncs with the iPhone so I can pick up ingredients for recipes on the go. Love the meal planning feature that combines ingredients into a shopping list and the pleasing look of the app. I look forward to uploading all recipes and using it fully.
Perfect recipe storing app
I’ve never felt the need to review an app until this one. It is so cleverly thought out! It has pretty much every function you need for storing and using recipes. The OCR tool is so awesome! I mean it doesn’t work 100% all of the time as it depends on the quality of your picture but if you take a good pic, and the fonts/backgrounds etc are readable then it’s an amazing feature! Thanks for creating such a useful app - totally worth the money 😊👌🏼
Developer Response ,
So pleased you love CookBook and thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a 5 star review, it means the world to us!! :) Happy Cooking
- Cookbook Ltd
- 38.7 MB
- Food & Drink
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © CookBook Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.