Get recipe organised! CookBook is your very own personal, portable recipe manager. Tried, tested and loved by over 30,000 home cooks, CookBook is made for you!
Import, scan and save recipes from your favourite websites, books and magazines. Snap a photo and save it, create a recipe from scratch or use our awesome recipe scanner tool (OCR) to turn photos into recipes!
Plan your daily, weekly & monthly meals, create and use interactive shopping lists, cook with text to speech, scale serving sizes, ingredient conversion, timers, temperature conversion, share your recipes with your friends and SO MUCH MORE!
This is all accessible on your mobile, tablet and desktop, synchronised across your devices with just one account & subscription.
Your recipes, your kitchen, your CookBook.
• Import – Save recipes from websites, enter from books or use your culinary expertise and update on the fly with new ingredients, steps and pictures as you cook.
• Recipe Scanner (OCR) – Save recipes directly from your camera, straight into CookBook
• Meal Planner – Plan your daily, weekly & monthly meals whilst adjusting servings, your planner changes with you, move, swap and copy days/weeks to make planning easy.
• Shopping List – Create an interactive shopping list from your planned meals to take shopping or to export and use later. Don’t forget to add those all-important ‘extra items’ like toilet paper!
• Search & Filters – Search by recipe name, source or even with the leftovers in your fridge, exclude and include ingredients to narrow down your search and get help with what to cook next!
• Tags & Faves – Organise your recipes to suit you, tag your meals with your own categories or tap the heart to make them a favourite.
• Share & Print – Share and send recipes via AirDrop in the CookBook format, PDF, email, HTML or YAML
• Safari Extension – Send recipes straight to your CookBook when browsing online
• Timers – Automatic detection of timers from text, run multiple timers within CookBook
• Scale – Quickly scale recipe ingredients to your desired number of servings.
• Convert - Convert ingredient measurements between US, Imperial and Metric.
• Cooking Mode – Intuitive cooking with text reading, ingredient toggles and multiple timers
• Offline Access – All recipes & images are stored locally for those times when you have no internet
• Cloud Storage & Sync – Recipes are synced and stored in our cloud, to seamlessly sync between your devices.
• Light and Dark Mode - Select between 2 beautiful sleek CookBook designs.
• Multiple Photos – Add a main photo + more to each recipe step to create visual directions.
• Surprise me - Feature for those times when you just can’t decide what to eat!
We are continually working to perfect CookBook and therefore we want to hear from you, what you think and what you’d like CookBook to do next! Use the ‘Contact Us’ page to get in touch and one of our team will get straight back to you.
We can’t wait to see you in the kitchen.
The CookBook Team
SUBSCRIPTION PRICING & TERMS
CookBook is free to download. Storing more than 40 recipes requires an active subscription (monthly/yearly) or lifetime unlock purchase. Monthly subscriptions are billed per month. Yearly subscriptions are billed the total annual fee from the date of purchase.
Payment will be charged to your card through your App Store account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription renews automatically unless cancelled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the subscription period.
Bug fixes & enhancements
- Fix invalid subscription popup
- Fix missing dots from calendar
- Safari Extension prompts when image has not loaded
- Text to Speech defaults to device language
- Fix loading flicker
- iPad Pro support
Welcome to CookBook 2.0! We've been working on some epic new features, fixed up a few bugs and have moved over to subscriptions!
CookBook is now free to try up to 40 recipes and 5 OCR scans, so new users can try before you buy. All of our existing CookBookers get a free year, to keep using and loving CookBook :)
- Safari & browser extensions - import straight into CookBook from your browser
- Meal Planner - New design + daily, weekly and monthly views. copy and move meals from one day/week/month to another.
- Smart ingredient rounding - stop those odd confusing decimal amounts when scaling and converting
- Access your favourite recipes from the home page
And so many more little tweaks and changes based on feedback from our 1000's of users!!
We've got even more planned for CookBook within the next year including bulk importing and our brand new web app available to use as part of your subscription!
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent App with lots of great features
I have been using Cookbook for about 18 months and love it! My husband and I have been adding our favourite recipes from old cookbooks as well as newer ones from online and it is so easy. We have now started using the menu planning feature and I am creating master recipes for easy swapping in and out of ingredients. The menu planning feature allows you to add a simple meal such as ‘steak with salad and chips’ that doesn’t require a recipe so you can add the ingredients to the shopping list. Like other recipe apps I have seen, it doesn’t total the amount of ingredients across recipes but I can imagine that is hard to program. I highly recommend this app. Well worth the price!
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for your feedback and for leaving us a review. We have taken all of your feedback onboard and will consider all suggestions when planning our next updates and improvements. Happy Cooking :)
OCR Doesn’t Work
This app is great in many ways. Unfortunately i have been using the app for about a week now, and it has started to crash every time I upload a recipe, and I am forced to re-do it again. On top of this, it lacks significantly when it comes to the Optical Character Recognition (OCR), which is why I purchased this app. I wanted to load all my cookbooks into a single app so I had access to all my recipes on my phone. However I was very disappointed when I actually attempted to upload the images.
The character recognition is completely off, where is seems unable to pick up any fractions (a big part of most ingredient list). After a while I decided to time myself, and count the errors. It took me over 8 minutes to input a recipe, most of this time was correcting the errors (I counted 20 in the ingredients list alone - there were only 18 ingredients). This was after reading the reviews and the subsequent replies from the developer - I can guarantee you, it’s not poor lighting or picture quality, it’s poor software.
The first recipe book I picked up to scan has around 250 recipes in it. It would take me 33 hours to load the recipes from one book. Let alone the other 50 books I have!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your review and sorry to hear you're having some issues there! We haven't had any other reports of the app crashing or users encountering problems using the OCR feature so we'd love for you to get in touch at email@example.com so we can help you out with this.
So intuitive and easy to use
Have been using this app for years, and it is still my go-to for recipe storage. You can enter recipes manually of course, but the features to transfer a recipe from a website are the absolute best bit - just enter the URL and it does all the work - finds the photo, ingredients, method steps, even a link to the video if there’s one included on the webpage.
Love that I can take my favourite recipes with me wherever I go - if I’m on the train and find a good recipe it takes under a minute to pop it in on my phone, and then I can get it up on my iPad when I’m home. And being a bit of a messy cook, it’s great that food splashes just wipe off my iPad!! Highly recommend.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for your lovely review, it honestly means the world to us! We are so pleased you're enjoying all of CookBook's features and finding importing nice and easy :) thanks again and please get in touch if you need anything - firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- CookBook Co. Pty Ltd
- 90.1 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires a Mac with Apple M1 chip and macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © CookBook Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Yearly Pro $13.99
- Lifetime Pro $64.99
- Monthly Pro $1.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.