Run 10km (6.2 miles) with this simple series of interval workouts designed to gradually build your endurance. The Run 10k app is perfect for beginner runners and former runners who want to start running again. This app has voice cues that guide you even when your screen is locked. The app tells you when to run and walk and gives audio cues for distance and pace when you use GPS. You can use this app outside, on a track, or in the gym.
• Apple Watch app—you can leave your phone at home while you workout with our Watch app, or continue to use our Watch app together with the iPhone app.
• Speaks pace, distance, intervals, and halfway point.
• Optionally uses GPS for pace and distance. (You can also use this app on a treadmill or indoor track without GPS.)
• Animated, spoken stretching programs.
• Tap out your heart rate on the heart icon.
• Supports Bluetooth heart rate monitors.
• Integrates with the Health app.
ABOUT the WORKOUTS
• 13-week training program for beginners.
• Each workout ranges from 40 to 76 minutes long.
• Interval training alternates between jogging and walking.
• Workout intervals gradually become more challenging.
• Tapers in the last week for your 10k race.
• 5-minute warmup and 5-minute cooldown, which are optional.
• Speaks each jog and walk interval, the halfway mark, and 1-minute-left mark.
• Optionally speaks pace and distance information every mile or km.
• Automatically checks off each completed workout and records your date, pace, and distance.
COMING FROM RUN 5K?
If you’ve completed our Run 5k app and you're feeling good, you can start on Week 4 or 5 of our Run 10k app to continue your training. If you’re a couch potato, start from Week 1, or check out our Run 5k app first.
AUDIO CUES and NOTIFICATIONS
If you’re not getting Notifications in the background, open the Settings app, select Notifications, then scroll down to find Run 10k in the list. Tap on Run 10k and turn on Notification Center, choose an alert style, and turn everything else on (Sound, Badge App Icon, Lock Screen). Check your volume and make sure your ringer switch is not set to silent/vibrate.
This app can be integrated with the Health app. Your weight set in the Health app can be used to calculate Calories burned during a workout, and the total Active Calories burned can be saved to Health app after each workout. Sharing this information to the Health app is optional.
GPS and LOCATION
To show distance and pace information, Run 10k can use GPS location tracking during a workout. For best results, use this app outside where you can see open sky. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Legal Disclaimer: This app and any information given by it or by Felt Tip Inc are for educational purposes only. They are not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always consult your healthcare provider before beginning any fitness program.
Run 10k was created by Lucius Kwok, Agnes Chan, and Kasten Searles. Made in NYC.
• Fixed a bug so that stretches screen does not lock itself and pause the stretch program.
• Under-the-hood improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
I love this App. Worth every cent & exactly what I needed to help me build my runs up to 10k. I'm new to running & without this App it would have been harder & I'd probably have given up by now.
I like that I can have it running along with another App that maps out where I run & tells me how many km I've gone as well.
Once I've completed this I'm thinking I'll start over but instead of walk/jog I'll do jog/run & worm at building up my pace.
Great app - got me (also) off the couch
This app is a simple idea executed very well. So far it has got me off the couch, and I hope I can stay there. With the help of this app, I am confident I can.
I would like to see a couple of extra features that to me would be added benefits, but not having them is certainly not a deal-breaker.
- instead of the voice over 'coach' saying "start running now.", it could say something like "start running now. Run 4 of 9" and so on
- in long walking periods - like the 4.5 mins that you start on - there could be 3 beeps to indicate 1.5 mins to go, 2 beeps at 1 min and 1 beep at 30 secs
Finish 5K, yesterday and got this as new goal. the animated stretches are good useful to have timer. the beats per seems to work though would be hard to use if walking or running. I like that it finishes on a run. Would be good to have the text for run 5 or 5 in a larger font hard to read.
I started on week 4 a bit easy after 5k however will use the increased intervals to build up speed.
- Felt Tip Inc.
- 68.8 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Felt Tip Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.