COVIDSafe app has been developed by the Australian Government Department of Health to help keep the Australian community safe from coronavirus (COVID-19). Together, let’s help stop the spread and keep ourselves and each other healthy.
COVIDSafe uses the Bluetooth® technology on your mobile phone to look for other devices with COVIDSafe installed. Your device will take a note of contact you’ve had with other users by securely logging the other user’s reference code. If you or someone you’ve been in contact with is diagnosed with COVID-19, the close contact information securely stored in your phone can be uploaded and used—with your consent—by state and territory health officials to quickly inform people who’ve been exposed to the virus.
How you can help stop the spread of COVID-19:
• Download the COVIDSafe app
• Register using your mobile phone number, name, age range and postcode
• Turn on Bluetooth®
• Check that COVIDSafe is running when you are out and about or are likely to come into contact with others
• If you test positive for COVID-19, you can consent for your close contact information to be used by state and territory health officials to contact people who may have been exposed. If you’ve been exposed to the virus by someone you’ve been in close contact with, state and territory health officials will be able to contact you quickly so you can get the support you need
COVIDSafe is an Australian Government Department of Health initiative. Visit https://www.health.gov.au/resources/apps-and-tools/covidsafe-app for more information.
This update includes a way to check the latest advice on current COVID-19 restrictions for every state and territory, including domestic travel, hotspots and COVID-19 case locations.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Very easy to set up - asks for minimal information, just first name and number. Only problem is I nearly uploaded my information at the bottom where it asks ‘has a health professional asked you to upload your information?’ I think that’s just for confirmed cases???!
Not worried at all about scaremongering of the government having my info - I have a Medicare card, bank accounts, a passport, licence etc - pretty sure I have enough for them to track me if they could be bothered! and if privacy is really a concern to you - why are you people on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, PayPal, eBay, etc etc etc.... they have more than enough on you if they want!
Do it - look after each other Australia - let’s not be like Europe or the USA and lose so many lives.
Doing my bit to Stop the spread. Easy, Fast, Reassuring.
If you’re an Aussie and care you’d download it too and delete this app in a month or so when this all blows over! 😜🍻
No problems signing up
Those saying they can’t get their number recognised, have you tried leaving off the leading zero? Because the app has the +61 at the front this usually means you enter your phone number without the leading zero. I imagine they’ve put the 61 there to ensure that only Australian numbers can participate, which is sensible. I left off the leading zero and got in straight away with no issues at all.
I think this app is a great initiative. I’m not worried about the so called problems of authorities knowing where I am. They can already do that anyway through the phone’s location service and through the gps on my car. This is designed for better tracing of who you happen to be around in the shops or at work or wherever, to meet the response to the virus, so I’ll support it.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Department of Health, Australian Capital Territory
- 44.3 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires a Mac with Apple M1 chip and macOS 11 or later.
English, Arabic, Greek, Italian, Korean, Punjabi, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 Australian Department of Health
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.