Crouton is a simple meal planning and recipe organising app.
Easily keep track of recipes you love by storing websites, images and notes associated with them. Use these recipes to meal plan for your week ahead so you always know what's for dinner. Create shopping lists from recipe ingredients and conveniently sync with Reminders.
• Store recipes using websites, images, ingredients and instructions
• Auto recipe website detection, import recipes from websites fast
• Step by step mode, with hands free navigation (Wink left and right)
• Create shopping lists from ingredients
• Meal plan your dinners for the week
• Autogenerate meal plans from your existing recipes
• Scale recipes to cook for larger (or smaller) groups
• Scan ingredients and method straight out of the recipe book with OCR
• Back up and sync recipes and meal plan across your devices using iCloud
• Custom app colors and icons
• A few improvements to household syncing for the meal plan.
• Just a little fix for localisation.
Ratings and Reviews
Very good app
Does exactly what it sets out to do with style. The UI is clean and intuitive, and the ability to share with household members is great!
Some minor bugs and little hitches still happen, but they’re not nearly enough to rate below 5 stars. Stunning work by the dev!
Exactly what i've been looking for....with caveats
So this app is exactly what i've been looking for, and easy way to store recipes in a structured way, to share with my family.
But, although it does the simple things very well, there's a couple of issues i've had that have stopped me from giving it 5 stars.
- When adding additional people to the Household sharing, I was having to delete and add all people again
- the recipe ingestion is good, but could be better, or give a warning if there's a site that it typically doesn't work with.
- I had a bug where it was continuously creating the "Groceries" reminder list even though i'd set it to a custom "Shopping" list
- and i think the Meal plan feature is great, but needs some tweaking...like i dont think it should be the default landing page on open (Just an opnion)
All in all i think it's a great app, probably just built by a single person, so i'm not holding too much hope for ongoing support, but there was no ongoing subscription fee...which was nice for a change :)
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the kind review! I’ll look into the issues you’ve mentioned.
I do hope to add the ability to reorder the sections so you don’t land on the meal plan if that isn’t as relevant
You’re right about being a solo dev, although no plans to stop support anytime soon!
Really happy with this app
I have played with a few recipe organisation apps and this just lent itself to managing seamlessly the recipes i favoured after a Google search. When i maxed out my free limit it was a no brainer to buy the full version and keep going.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Devin Davies
- 21.3 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Devin Davies
- In-App Purchases
- Crouton Plus $14.99
- Crouton+ Early Bird $4.49
- Kind Tip $1.49
- Great Tip $2.99
- Outrageous Tip $10.99
- Amazing Tip $5.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.