Cubasis 2 equals ease of use and is as powerful as a fully featured iOS-based music production system can be pushing your capabilities out of limits. Whether you’re capturing simple ideas or complex musical masterpieces — It ships with outstanding, touch-optimized tools carrying you into the fun of recording, editing, mixing and sharing your music with the world right away. Get fascinated by the brand new features that Cubasis 2 comes with such as real-time time-stretching and pitch-shifting, a studio-grade channel strip, pro-sounding effects, massive instrument refills, a refreshed MIDI Editor and many more powerful features. Put hands on three internal instruments, numerous loops and instrument sounds to creatively lift your music to perfection using the included mixer and effects. Once recorded, share your music with the world via a simple tap or transfer it directly to Cubase.
• Unlimited number of audio and MIDI tracks
• 24 assignable physical inputs and outputs
• 32-bit floating point audio engine
• Audio I/O resolution of up to 24-bit/96 kHz
• iOS 32- and 64-bit support
• Real-time time-stretching and pitch-shifting featuring zplane’s élastique 3
• Micrologue virtual analog synthesizer with 126 ready-to-go presets
• MicroSonic with over 120 virtual instrument sounds based on HALion Sonic, HALiotron and Allen Morgan drum kits
• MiniSampler to create your own instruments (includes 20 factory instruments)
• Mixer with studio-grade channel strip per track and 17 effect processors
• Super-versatile RoomWorks SE* reverb effect providing uniquely professional sound and an intuitive graphical display for instant visual feedback at slightest parameter changes
• Fully automatable DJ-like Spin FX effect plug-in
• Over 550 MIDI and time-stretch-capable audio loops
• Virtual keyboard, chord and drum pads with intuitive note repeat control
• Sample Editor and Key Editor with MIDI CC support
• Refreshed MIDI Editor with ultra-intuitive, lightning fast and accurate handling to edit MIDI tracks and compose music easier than ever before
• MIDI Auto Quantize
• Track Duplicate
• Automation, MIDI CC, program change and aftertouch support
• Export to Cubase, iCloud Drive, external hard drives, wireless flash drives, Dropbox, SoundCloud, AudioCopy and email
• Core Audio and Core MIDI compatible hardware supported
• MIDI over Bluetooth LE support
• Full Audio Unit, Inter-App Audio and Audiobus 3 support to use compatible apps as insert/send effects and virtual instruments or simply record their audio output
• Import audio from your iTunes music library or iCloud Drive or iTunes file sharing, use AudioPaste or set up a Wi-Fi server in Cubasis
• Audio mixdown and MIDI export
• MIDI clock and MIDI thru support
"Probably the best iPad-based DAW in terms of usability and flexibility, and it links up with Cubase on your desktop, too."
"So all in all Cubasis is a hands down victory. Everything supplied here works and works perfectly. If you are a Cubase user and own an iPad, this is simply a no brainer, you have to have it."
48 voices: iPad 2, iPad mini
128 voices: iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro
*User registration required to unlock RoomWorks SE reverb effect.
Audio Unit extension requires iPad Mini 2, iPad 4 or newer model.
Audio Unit and Waves plug-in (in-app purchase) automation requires iOS 10 or higher. Audio Unit MIDI and Files app require iOS 11 or higher.
Project export to Cubase requires Cubase Pro 9/Pro 9.5, Cubase Artist 9/9.5, Cubase LE/AI/Elements 9 or higher.
Cubasis project importer extension must be installed and is available at http://www.steinberg.net/cubasisimporter
Please check the Steinberg End User License Agreement on this website:
This supplemental update includes improvements and is recommended for all Cubasis users.
For the complete list of improvements, issues and solution please visit us at www.steinberg.net/cubasisforum.
If you like Cubasis, please support us by rating this app on the App Store!
What's New in Cubasis 2.8
・Classic Machines Refill*
Be truly inspired when programming your beats with two beautiful, sought-after drum kits, each in two tasty variations and with a range of ready-to-go MIDI grooves, newly added to Classic Machines in-app purchase. As an existing user you can grab the Classic Machines update for free, or get more bang for your buck if you’re a newbie.
Use the great new notepad feature to display lyrics within Cubasis and easily adjust them to your needs. You can also write down track-based information or any other notes you need. Just make your choice and Cubasis follows.
Tap the new AudioShare button to instantly import the audio files you want to use in your project or share audio files with the rest of the world. Cubasis makes it simple to keep your focus on what's most important.
・Track Freeze refresh
Track Freeze quickly converts tracks (including their settings) into new audio tracks. In 2.8, easily normalize tracks on the go while freezing them, or set locators to limit track freeze to single events or dedicated regions.
・Full grid lines support in Arrange Window
Benefit from an even better user experience and razor-sharp precision that makes use of full grid lines support in the Arrange Window, including newly added support for triplet and dotted notes.
・Full grid lines support in MIDI editor
Whether you are composing new MIDI parts in the MIDI editor or polishing existing tracks - grid lines support provides you with great new options to snap notes to the beat with total accuracy, speed and efficiency.
Cubasis 2.8 includes several user-requested improvements, which assure the best possible performance with the utmost stability. For the complete list of improvements, issues and solutions, please visit www.steinberg.net/cubasisforum.
We hope you find the latest new features useful.
If you like Cubasis, please support us by rating this app in the App Store! Thank you.
*Classic Machines Refill requires Classic Machines IAP, AudioShare support requires the AudioShare app.
Ratings and Reviews
Works wonderfully and is a joy to use. Previous sample rate issues have been ironed out and everything works as expected in that regard.
Would love to see some extended functionality as time goes by.
Developer Response ,
Hi ant4dna, Thank you for updating your review! The steps included in your description has helped us to reproduce the problem. Please note that Cubasis 2.8.1 is available for download and resolves the issue! Thanks again for your support in finding and solving the problem. Best Lars
Great App - Useless for Midi Studios
Ive owned Cubasis now for 2 years, and I havent been able to use it. Ive asked repeatedly on forums for a fix to a glaring bug it has. You cannot use more than one Midi Interface of the same type. For example, if you use two Roland Um1 USB midi interfaces (doesnt matter what brand the interface is, as long as there are more then one of the same type on the USB bus) Cubasis cannot select one or the other, it selects both and transmits Midi to both when trying to only select one. ModStep, a competitor, gets around this easily by giving the second interface a prefix of 2, etc, so you can easily address either interface. I have four Korg SQ1's, forget trying to use Cubasis here, if I create a track, and select one Korg SQ1, all four get selected and all four recieve data from the one Midi track. Sick of waiting for a fix. Great app, but not for serious Midi, and its hard saying that when "Steinberg" basiclly defined Midi Sequencers.
Developer Response ,
Hi cornerbog, Thank you for reviewing and rating Cubasis! Please note that Cubasis 2.7 adds fully refreshed MIDI thru, supporting complex MIDI operations with your external gear. While it is not possible to operate Cubasis with two similar USB MIDI interfaces, please give it a try, if the revised MIDI thru feature, is useful for you. Thanks Lars
The GarageBand app is enough for most people, but if you’re serious about recording on iOS then this is the app to have until Apple produce an iOS version of Logic Pro X (which they should have done by now, seriously). All I wish for is that the free virtual instruments were a little better, the drum kits are particularly unrealistic.
Developer Response ,
Hi KylePlay, A big thank you for your rating and review! Regarding the drum kits that come with Cubasis: In case you've missed them, please go to Media/Instruments. There please open "MiniSampler" and have a look in the "Factory Presets" folder. This folder contains a lot of great-sounding acoustic drum kits produced by Allen Morgan. Hope that helps! Best Lars
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
- 1.2 GB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH, 2019
- In-App Purchases
- FX Pack 1: Reverbs & Delays $10.99
- FX Pack 2: Vintage FX $10.99
- Classic Machines $10.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.