Find complete services for Morning, Evening and Night Prayer from the Church of England with this official Daily Prayer app.
From the earliest days of Christianity, Christians have gathered at regular times each day and night to read the Bible, praise God and pray for the world. Daily Prayer helps the Christians of today take part in this regular pattern of worship.
For every day of the year, it presents material for Morning, Evening and Night Prayer in both contemporary (Common Worship) and traditional (Book of Common Prayer) forms. All services are provided in full and include Bible readings (NRSV translation), psalms, canticles and seasonal variations.
Access audio for Morning and Evening Prayer (Contemporary Services) from the accompanying official Daily Prayer podcast with the new audio player. The new player will appear at the start of Morning and Evening Prayer services for which a podcast episode is available (Morning Prayer services are normally published at 00.15 GMT and Evening Prayer services at 14.00 GMT).
The app also allows you to:
- Access Morning, Evening and Night Prayer for yesterday, today and a month ahead
- Switch between Contemporary and Traditional formats with one click
- Increase/reduce the type-size of all services
The app is free to download and includes free access to online material up to one month in advance. To view material offline and access to material up to 12 months in advance, a small annual subscription fee applies.
- Annual, auto-renewing 12 month subscription
- All subscriptions are auto-renewing
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
Other features of the app include:
- Details of the Feast Days, Festivals and Commemorations from the Common Worship Calendar
- Full readings (NRSV translation) without the need for a separate Bible app
- Easy access to alternative texts within the app in simple pop-up windows
- Clear, clean, elegant typography that mirrors closely the award-winning Common Worship design.
Daily Prayer is the first official app to allow easy and elegant access to the hugely popular Daily Prayer feed from the Church of England website. It is published by Church House Publishing, the official publisher of the Church of England. For more information visit www.chpublishing.co.uk
Terms of service can be found at: https://aimermedia.com/chp-tos/
Daily Prayer is the latest app in a range of official Church of England apps developed with Aimer Media, links to which can be found within the app and at http://aimermedia.com/client/church-of-england/ .
- Updates to 26th and 29th December content
Ratings and Reviews
This for any Anglican, or indeed any christian who is looking for a set of daily scripture and psalm readings to use as a focus of their prayer life, is a marvellous aid.
It is based on the daily offices used in the Anglican Church ever since the Reformation and is the official version used in the English Church today. These are Matins or Morning Prayer, Evensong or Evening Prayer and, in addition, Compline or Night Prayer has been added. It follows the New Lectionary, used by most churches throughout the Western World.
It is so easy to use because it is all there for that day on your iPhone or iPad and there is no need to balance a separate bible or psalter on your knee while using it: the bible readings, psalms, canticles are all there in order, and at the end there are pointers for your private prayer and intercessions, as well as for the prayer for the World and the Church.
I have been using it now for many years. Give it a try.
Chris in Victoria, Australia
A very helpful app for using CW
I've been using this app to share in daily prayer from CW for a while. It is extremely helpful because it pre-sorts the rich offerings of the printed volume, Daily Prayer. I had been using the printed volume daily for some years, and started using the app when someone else wanted to join in saying the office with me.
This app provides morning and evening and night prayer in both contemporary and traditional versions, complete with psalmody and readings. It helpfully presents these in a scrolling format, which works well both on the iPad and the iPhone. This allows people who don't have access to the printed volume to use a very fine resource that has found a welcome place in daily prayer will beyond the Church of England (I'm writing from Australia).
I have one very small quibble. While having morning and evening and night prayer in this app is extremely good and useful, it is regrettable that Prayer During the Day has not been included. I do hope that the app developers will address this soon, as this would increase the usefulness of this app very considerably. All the same I very highly recommended and have shared it with several friends.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Aimer Media Ltd.
- 167.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires a Mac with Apple M1 chip and macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Aimer Media, Church House, Hymns Ancient and Modern
- In-App Purchases
- Auto-Renewable Full Daily Prayer Sub. $4.49
- Full Daily Prayer Sub 12 Months offline $4.49