DaVinci Resolve 17
Hollywood’s most powerful tools for professional editing, color correction, audio post and visual effects!
DaVinci Resolve 17 is the world’s only solution that combines professional 8K editing, color correction, visual effects and audio post production all in one software tool! You can instantly move between editing, color, effects, and audio with a single click. Whether you’re an individual artist, or part of a large team, it’s easy to see why DaVinci Resolve is the standard for high end post production and finishing on more Hollywood feature films, television shows and commercials than any other software.
This free version of DaVinci Resolve 17 includes all of the same high quality 32-bit float YRGB image processing, editing features, visual effects and professional audio tools as DaVinci Resolve 17 Studio. The free version lets you work at up to 60 frames per second and can output SD, HD and Ultra HD resolution files and can also use a maximum of 2 GPUs within MacPro.
Perfect for both offline editorial and online finishing. You get every editing and trimming tool imaginable, stacked and tabbed timelines, multi cam, closed caption and subtitling tools, on screen annotations, faster project loading, 2D and 3D title templates, and dozens of other new features!
Cut Page Editing
Designed for projects with tight deadlines that need to be turned around quickly, the cut page is designed for editing speed. The sync bin and source overwrite tools are the fastest way to edit multi cam programs. You can work faster than ever with dual timelines, source tape and smart editing tools. The scalable interface is great for portable editing!
Advanced Color Correction
Hollywood’s favorite color corrector keeps getting better! You get advanced HDR primary color grading tools with unlimited secondary corrections, power windows and tracking along with a new color warper for refined grading, additional LUT support, shared grades, better noise reduction, faster stabilization, super scaling, dozens of Resolve FX plugins and more.
Fusion Visual Effects
Fusion gives you a true 3D workspace with over 250 tools for creating feature film quality visual effects and stunning motion graphics! Now you can create sophisticated composites, use vector paint, animate titles, add 3D particles, key, rotoscope and more, all inside of DaVinci Resolve 17!
Fairlight Audio Post
Fairlight is a full blown digital audio workstation with high performance multi track sample level editing and mixing! You get ADR tools, support for sound libraries, audio and video scrollers for quickly syncing sound, a scrolling timeline, normalization and Fairlight FX plugins including a hum remover, de-esser, reverb and more!
Upgrade from this free to the paid version of DaVinci Resolve 17 Studio and you also get automatic facial recognition for face refinement tools, temporal and spatial noise reduction, photorealistic optical quality motion effects, lens flare, lens blur, aperture diffraction, Revival restoration tools, film damage or film grain Resolve FX. DaVinci Resolve 17 Studio also includes lens distortion correction, high quality de-interlacing, HDR (High Dynamic Range) grading with Dolby Vision support, stereoscopic 3D tools, remote rendering and more.
DaVinci Resolve 17 App Store Limitations
The Mac App store version of DaVinci Resolve 17 works with Metal and OpenCL only, does not support some external control panels, and may not be compatible with all 3rd party OpenFX or VST plugins. If you need these features, please download DaVinci Resolve 17 from the Blackmagic Design support website.
Current model iMacPro, iMac, MacBook. MacBook Pro or MacPro with integrated GPU or a discrete GPU with at least 2GB of graphics memory with 4GB minimum recommended. A fast SSD or hard disk for video, 8GB of system memory, 16GB when using Fusion, Mac OS X 10.15.x or higher, at least a 1440 x 900 resolution display.
What's new in DaVinci Resolve Studio 17.2
• Dramatically improved application startup performance.
• Live save is now on by default.
• Support for custom naming for individual timeline clips.
• Support for adding transitions by double clicking or dragging to viewer.
• Support for decoding MKV clips.
• Support for an additional activation for a cloud hosted virtual machine.
• Support for exporting IMSC-1 compatible TTML captions in IMF clips.
• Support for option to include project name subfolder in media management.
• Support for pasting HDR and color warper attributes in the Color page.
• Support for Fusion template bundles.
• Support for applying and managing cross fades in the Fairlight timeline.
• Support for a batch fade and crossfade editor in the Fairlight page.
• Support for persisting Fairlight edit mode between application restarts.
• Support for moving audio clips to match timeline timecode position.
• Support for setting handles when performing audio only renders.
• Support for controlling track processing order in the Fairlight mixer.
• Support for accessing Fairlight patch and link in the edit and deliver page.
• Ability to show or hide specific audio I/O ports for patching in Fairlight.
• Support for Fairlight console firmware 1.6 with full FlexBus mixing support.
• Improved waveform displays in the Fairlight timeline.
• Improved auto scroll behavior when dragging clips in the Fairlight timeline.
• Support for ACES color science 1.2.
• Support for selecting per-clip ACES DCTLs from context menu.
• Support for new IDTs for the Canon EOS-R5 cameras.
• Option to use white point adaptation in project settings for RCM workflows.
• Option to use white point adaptation in Resolve FX color space transform.
• Support for codec passthrough when rendering IMF JPEG2000 clips.
• Support for trimming Sony Raw and XAVC MXF clips in media management.
• Support for reading gyroscopic metadata on Sony Venice clips.
• Improved spatial and temporal deinterlace quality.
• Improved curves range display for position and zoom on the edit timeline.
• Improved color management for Blackmagic RAW Gen 5 color science.
• Improved decode performance for 8K H.265 clips on Apple Silicon systems.
• Improved scripting API with the ability to import custom frame sequences.
• Improved scripting API with the ability to delete timelines.
• Improved scripting API with the ability to query current page.
• Improved scripting API with the ability to add generators and titles.
• Improved scripting API with the ability to specify render alpha options.
• Improved scripting API with the ability to switch layout presets.
• Improved scripting API with the ability to quit the application.
• Ability to update RMD metadata files for R3D clips.
• Improved iXML data support with AAF export workflows.
• General performance and stability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Unreliable and extremely glitchy
I was previously able to get this product up and running and was working fine. But as i continued using the app it started becoming very glitchy and laggy, even losing some of the work i had created on the app despite saving them. Eventually, the product would not even open when i tried to start it. Very disappointing.
getting better all the time
Great software for experienced editors. I use the studio version on the desktop and use this free version for doing simple work on the fly. Users will need to learn how to work with nodes, which are simply another form of layering and set up DELs and plan work output. The software links to digital info rather than saving large files, which matters for solid state laptops. This saves drive on long renders. Colour grading is excellent with scopes. Especially important as eyes adjust to screens and vision grading is always subjective. If you are experiencing issues during render, drop down to proxy renders; editing 101.
CRASHING AND LOST MY DAY WORTH OF EDIT
wth, ive tried this app and it was fine so far until it just decided to suddenly CRASH and LOSE my day's worth of editing. What the actual. SO ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE DON'T DOWNLOAD THIS APP OR YOU'LL LOSE YOUR FILE NOT WORTH USING
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Blackmagic Design Inc
- 2 GB
- Photo & Video
- Requires macOS 10.14.6 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Blackmagic Design
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.