dot Customizer is a free application for using with compatible embroidery machines.
With this app, you can create and edit embroidery designs and send them directly to the machine for embroidering. Great embroidery fun for everyone from beginners to experts!
What you can do:
· Simply choose any of the built-in designs and send wirelessly to the embroidery machine for stitching out (no need for cords or USB sticks to transfer designs).
· Combine embroidery designs with letters/words to create original designs.
· Add embroidery to other projects.
· Create original lettering designs with your favorite fonts.
· 260 built-in embroidery designs from a range of categories
· 12 different English fonts plus one Japanese font (incl. Kanji)
· 2 different modes including easy-to-use "Beginner level"
· A variety of editing functions: copy/paste/resize/stitch density adjustment/color selection/positioning etc.
· Embroidery simulation and trace functions to check the position on the fabric before stitching out
iOS 12.0 or later
Supported screen size:
4.7 inches or larger
Support for hoop movement from the device
Support for zoom in machine monitoring
Ratings and Reviews
Good but improvements needed
When I first started using this app I found it fairly confusing, and it was hard to find the right contact details for the support crew, however, when I did get in touch with them I found them very helpful, and quick to respond via email. The app has some good features, especially now that I know how to import files (JEF format in case anyone is wondering, they're not very clear about it). However it can be clunky and glitchy. A bigger variety of fonts would also be great, especially smaller ones. I understand more video tutorials are on the way, which would be most helpful for other beginners like me!
The app says that it can import designs from other apps and can sync with drop box. Sounds great. What isn’t mentioned anywhere is the file type it uses and how you can convert other embroidery files to .istitch so that you can use more than the limited (but lovely) options that come in the app. I am feeling frustrated as this means I can’t do some specific projects that I wanted to try
Great app but more instructions needed
I’ve had my embroidery machine for 9 months now and did struggle at the beginning with lack of instruction. I am l learning more and more all the time and am amazed at what this little app can do. Reading through reviews it does seem most of the bad reviews are from people confused about how to import designs from outside the app. Perhaps a tutorial on this would be helpful.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- DRAWstitch International Ltd.
- 196.9 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2017-21 DRAWstitch International Ltd. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.