*iPad 1 currently not supported.*
The Compass Connect app by Tobii Dynavox brings the industry’s most powerful communication solution to your iPad! Created by Tobii Dynavox, the industry leader helping connect lives through communication and learning for over 25 years, the Compass Connect App provides a research-based communication solution for individuals of all ages and abilities who cannot use their natural voice to successfully participate in their everyday lives.
With the ability to quickly customize your communication pages based on age, ability level, and by identifying the topics YOU want to talk about, Compass Connect provides communication that empowers individuals to learn, grow, and achieve their goals. Clinician-developed communication pages are structured to address the unique needs of individuals with autism, cerebral palsy, aphasia, apraxia, Down syndrome, developmental disabilities, ALS and other neurological disorders, traumatic brain injury, and other communication challenges.
In addition to all of the rich communication options available at your fingertips, the Compass Connect app uses the power of the cloud to manage and update your communication pages at any time and from anywhere! The Compass Connect app seamlessly connects you with myDynaVox, a cloud-based portal where you can back-up your communication pages, access teaching and therapy supports, and share content between family, therapist, and other members of the support team.
Features of the Compass Connect app include:
Clinician-Developed Communication Pagesets
• Features multiple pageset options designed to provide an appropriate starting place based on age, interests, ability levels, and prior experience with communication devices or apps
• Stroke & Brain Injury Persona – The first comprehensive communication solution designed to address the unique language needs of individuals with aphasia. Designed through extensive research, field-testing, and customer insight, the Stroke & Brain Injury Persona provides an unmatched solution for these individuals
• Includes all the tools needed for successful communication in a consistent layout: pre-stored messages, keyboards, core word strategies, whiteboards, and pain scales
• Features the first full-featured, integrated core word strategy based on groundbreaking research delivering the vocabulary needed to meet Common Core standards. This vocabulary is added to the communication page in a structured way to build language and literacy skills
• Supports a number of access methods, including: direct touch, switch scanning, mouse, keyboard, and head tracking
Intuitive Setup and Supports
• Setup Wizard guides you to quickly find the most appropriate communication pages to meet each individual’s needs
• Video-enhanced supports available throughout the App
• Planning guides, lesson and therapy plans, and training resources available on myDynaVox
• myDynaVox connects you directly with a community of clinicians, technical experts, and peers for help and support
Symbols, Multi-media, and Voices
• Symbol-based communication utilizing PCS™, the industry's most widely-used symbol set
• Easily add digital photos to personalize communication using the built-in camera on your iPad
• App supports US English male and female TTS voices from IVONA
Connectivity and Content Storage
• myDynaVox provides anywhere, anytime access to back-up, restore, and share customized pages between the entire support team
• Once installed, no active internet connection required for day-to-day use of the App
The Compass Connect app is available in the following configurations:
• Monthly or annual subscription service
• Companion app for a Tobii Dynavox T10 device owner
• For use with a Compass for Professionals account
- Fixed an issue with small Page Set files failing to back up to myTobiiDynavox.
- Addressed an issue in which the volume in Compass was incorrectly showing as “0”.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.