• Would you like help spelling simple or complex words?
• Do you need to translate words to and from English?
• Do you have dyslexia or other learning difficulties?
• Are you learning how to read and write?
If you answer yes to any of the above, then Easy Spelling Aid is what you're looking for.
Easy Spelling Aid gives children and adults alike a quick and easy way to find out the spelling of a word, translate words to and from English, or other languages, and helps dyslexic learners with specific cognitive difficulties with the aid of the 'OpenDyslexic' font and colour overlays.
Through this compelling educational app, young students everywhere are starting to enjoy the benefits of self-directed learning by not having to wait for help from parents or teachers. Easy Spelling Aid is suitable for students of all ages, from 5 to 55 and beyond and is recommended by teachers for use individually or in a classroom setting. Easy Spelling Aid boasts superior, accurate and incredibly fine-tuned speech recognition and translation service in multiple languages, including English, Chinese, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese and more.
Easy Spelling Aid is the perfect tool for writers of all ages, as it improves literacy performance and spelling, helps with comprehension and vocabulary and develops recognition and correct spelling of words in their appropriate context (for example, they’re, their, there).
Upon opening the application you are presented with a clear blue user-friendly interface. The instruction 'Touch mic & talk’ is displayed above a circular mic symbol. On touching the symbol, you are asked to 'Talk.' By pressing done the app will process what has been said and proceed to produce your input displayed in your chosen writing style. This feature can be changed in the Settings, which are also easily navigated to from the main screen. Additionally, within the Settings, you can change between multiple languages, select translation language, reverse translation, select a background, select a dyslexic option, display upper and lower case letters and turn off speech output if you wish. Easy Spelling Aid also features a History Log, which saves spelling results including translations.
• Child friendly, profanity is filtered out
• NO ads or in-app purchases
Supports multiple languages at the touch of a button
• English (Australian, US, Canadian and UK), Arabic, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Farsi, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish and Vietnamese
• Automatic language region selection
• Choose a writing style: Victorian Modern Cursive, NSW Foundation Manuscript, QLD Beginner, SA Beginner, TAS Beginner, NZ Basic Script or Noto Sans. Please note: other writing styles are available, but are language/country dependent
• Choose a background: No writing lines, 3 or 4 writing lines or coloured background overlays
• Instructions and For Best Results guide under Settings
• OpenDyslexic font with 6 colour overlays
• Speak text and repeat the speech to hear the word or phrase again
• Ability to Copy spelling results
• Ability to Define words
• Ability to Share words via the Activity popup
• iMessage integration: Generates a custom message bubble
• Today Widget and 3D Touch - show recent spelling, translations and quick links for easy access
• Support for split view in iPad and iPad Pro devices
• View in portrait or landscape orientation
• Cognitive Development
• Communication Skills
• Collaboration Skills
• Organisational and Productivity Skills
• Life Skills
• Thinking & Reasoning
• Preschool/Kindergarten (3-5 Years)
• Primary School (5-11 Years)
• Secondary School (11-18 Years)
• College/University (18+ Years of Age)
• Easy Spelling Aid requires network connectivity (WiFi, 3G, 4G or GPRS)
Option to 'Copy All' when viewing results
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
As a dyslexic working in Education Support I have recently downloaded this app and am loving it. It is quick and easy for me to check spelling of a word & can show the children the correct spelling in fonts they are familiar with. The only issue is the Victorian Modern Cursive is sitting on the line above where it should.
Good but there’s one problem it said to try again but it’s not working
Good app I use it for my ADHD
My daughter loves it
I have been so impressed with this app, my daughter whom is in grade 1 loves writing stories and letters and has been using the app when she comes to a word she struggles with. It has given her such confident in her story telling and makes it so much easier for me to read after she has finished. We have all noticed the improvement! Highly recommend.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review and recommendation. We hope your daughter is still using Easy Spelling Aid as she progresses through school and continues to enjoy writing her stories.
- Nuapp Productions Pty Ltd
- 56.7 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Croatian, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Nuapp Productions Pty Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.