Endeavour Energy's outage app for iOS contains key features such as:
• Provides up to date information on planned and unplanned outages on the Endeavour Energy network, including estimated restoration times.
• Set a home area to receive notifications on outages in your town or suburb.
• Search for outages across Endeavour Energy’s network via the interactive map or suburb list.
• Report broken streetlights
• Easy access to Endeavour Energy’s website, emergency and general telephone numbers
• Get practical advice about what to do when you have no power supply.
- Icon and status bar notification implemented.
- My area homepage outage count notification shown.
- Facebook and Twitter integration implemented to post the app download URL.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Endeavour app has so much potential and greatly falls short
Endeavour worked tirelessly during a local major storm to most of the area being without power. When you try and call the emergency line you are constantly disconnected before reaching an operator or left on hold for long periods of time (almost an hour) if you do get through. This app kept crashing and has no way of reporting an outage rather than holding up the emergency line for real emergencies. Shouldn’t a major company like this have invested in digital reporting through an app such as this with authentication of details through a simple entry pin to confirm contact number of person reporting to validate. Design while understandably large in format for vision impaired is very poorly done and information for outages lacks any real detail to help assist in making decisions if you should stay in the area.
App crashes and feels so impractical to use during an event
Downloaded the app since there was a power outage in Parramatta. App was unresponsive for about an hour possibly due to server load. Once I was able to use it , picked a suburb from the list (no filter option) and the app just crashes and closes. Very impractical and old design - would have been easier just to have an interactive map on the website like other companies.
App and Website not working
Got an sms advising a power outage at my place in Penrith (I’m away). When I tried the link, the website stated “service unavailable” which I believe means the site has crashed. Downloaded this app which only works intermittently. Switched between being unavailable to showing me a ton of ppl in my St impacted to less than 5. I would suggest Endeavour IT boffins do some serious volume/stress testing on the website and app as it appears neither are able to cope with an influx of traffic. Neither worth 1 star. Poor form for a service we pay a premium for via our retailers.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.