Save time in the prescribing moment
• Rx and OTC monographs: pharmacology, prescribing and safety information, adult and pediatric dosing, adverse reactions, contraindications, black box warnings, pregnancy and lactation considerations, and more
• Drug interaction checker: prevent harmful interactions between up to 30 brand, generic, OTC, or alternative drugs at a time
• Pill identifier: drug guide organized by shape, color, imprint code, etc.
• 600+ dosing calculators, medical equations, and tools
• Formularies: drug coverage information for 6,600+ U.S. insurance plans, by state
• Customizable home screen with drag-and-drop simplicity
Additional features in Epocrates Plus, now just $16.99/month!
• Alternative medicine monographs: dosage, interactions, etc.
• Peer-reviewed disease content from the BMJ
• Labs, ICD-10 codes, and more medical content
Since 1998, Epocrates has helped more than one million clinicians prescribe with confidence, save time, and stay focused on the patient. Rated the #1 medical app 10 years in a row by Decision Resource Group’s “Taking the Pulse.”
Thanks for using epocrates! We've made some updates:
- General Bug Fixes: including fix to stop screen freeze, requiring user to uninstall and reinstall the app. If you continue to experience problems, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- epocrates+ new Diseases experience.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Epocrates (free version 2.7) is a comprehensive, ‘quick’ reference tool; particularly with regard to pharmaceutical information. This includes info on case specific dosing, pharmacology, and pictures/pricing. It would have been nice to have access to data on drug testing research; however one gets the impression it was not really intended to be a detailed study device (unfortunately).
Even the free version does perform an assortment of medical calculations, so its primary use would definitely be ‘in the field’. The layout has a few problems, however these are primarily related to the software trying to ‘up sell’ the user to the full commercial version. The only other criticism would be that all the names are US specific, so --if you’re outside the US-- unless you happen to know the equivalent, one might as well look the information up somewhere else. Other than this, this is pretty much the best medical reference tool available on the iPhone.
To those detractors
I’ve been an intensive care paramedic for 30 years, yes in Australia, New South Wales. I’ve been using Epocrates since it first landed in Australia and since then it’s become the only drug app that I use and rely on. I only ever have to search rarely for a drug that doesn’t appear in Epocrates. This is one seriously excellent app that all practitioners have in their arsenal. So I say to those detractors of the Epocrates, don’t use it, it’s your loss! To Epocrates I say, well done and thanks for a marvellous medical app.
Great application, wish the pill pictures are stored offline
This is so far the best medical app and free too. I use an ipod touch and I find that I can't see the pill pictures if I am not connected to wifi. Instead I just see a ? on the grey pill. I hope they fix it because that is the coolest and most useful feature of this program.
- 164.3 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © Epocrates, Inc
- In-App Purchases
- Epocrates Plus $27.99
- Epocrates Plus Annual $269.99
- Essentials $249.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.