Evernote helps you focus on what matters most and have access to your information when you need it. Input typed notes or scan handwritten notes. Add to-do’s, photos, images, web pages, or audio ... and it’s all instantly searchable. Organize notes any way you want and share with anyone. And Evernote syncs across your devices so your information is always with you, everywhere you go.
“Use Evernote as the place you put everything… Don’t ask yourself which device it’s on—it’s in Evernote” – The New York Times
“When it comes to taking all manner of notes and getting work done, Evernote is an indispensable tool.” – PC Mag
Evernote gives you the tools you need to keep your work effortlessly organized:
• Write, collect and capture ideas as searchable notes, notebooks, checklists and to-do lists
• Take notes in a variety of formats, including: text, sketches, photos, audio, video, PDFs, web clippings and more
• Use the camera to effortlessly scan, digitize, and organize your paper documents, business cards, handwritten notes and drawings
• Use Evernote as a digital notepad and easy-to-format word processor for all your thoughts as they come
Evernote gives you the ability to sync your content across devices:
• Sync everything automatically across any computer, phone or tablet
• Start your task working on one device and continue on another without ever missing a beat
• Add a passcode lock to the mobile app for more privacy
SHARE YOUR IDEAS
Evernote gives you the tools to share, discuss and collaborate productively with others:
• Create, share and discuss with the people who help get your work done, all in one app
• Search within pictures and annotate images to give quick feedback
• Develop your projects faster and let multiple participants work on different aspects
EVERNOTE IN EVERYDAY LIFE
• Make personal checklists to keep your thoughts organized
• Set reminders to keep on top of activities and write to-do lists
• Gather, capture and store every thought you need to stay productive
• Plan events such as holidays, weddings or parties
EVERNOTE IN BUSINESS
• Create agendas, write memos and craft presentations
• Annotate documents with comments and thoughts during team meetings, then share with colleagues
• Get your projects underway faster and maximise productivity by letting multiple participants access and work on different aspects alongside each other
EVERNOTE IN EDUCATION
• Keep up with lecture notes so you don’t miss a vital thought
• Clip and highlight articles from the web for academic research
• Plan and collaborate for better academic group work
Also available from Evernote:
EVERNOTE PREMIUM - The ultimate workspace.
• 10 GB of new uploads each month
• Unlimited number of devices
• Access your notes and notebooks offline on your mobile device
• Save emails to Evernote
• Search inside Office docs and attachments
• Annotate PDFs
• Scan and digitize business cards
• Show notes as presentations, instantly
$7.99 monthly, $69.99 annually
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel the subscription once activated. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase.
Terms of Service: https://evernote.com/legal/tos.php
- We take data security very seriously, so we made an update to keep your information even more secure.
- Long (and we mean reaaaaally long) usernames would push a note’s title down until it overlapped the text beneath it. The whole thing was a big mess so we fixed it.
- Extra spaces in space names and space descriptions will now be trimmed down to just one. A little space is healthy but that was too much.
Ratings and Reviews
Reliable and Effective
I have been using Evernote for a pretty long time now (since 2014) and I would not change it for any other app. I love that I can organise notes into “notebooks” which I can then group. I use this to take lecture notes, although it’s pretty good when planning events and you need to pull resources from multiple media or make lists. It is compatible with my macbook, ipad and iPhone which means I can easily access my notes at any time - including offline. Furthermore, I can also access them online through a browser if I am using another device - and I do all of that FOR FREE. Being a student, this is a very important point for me. All of my content is in the same app, making it easy to access or search through in a rush but still seperated enough that it is very organised. There are multiple options to upgrade to a paying service if you have a business and have more needs, but the free version is so versatile that I think most people would be more than satisfied with it. I reccommend using it for a decent amount of time before making the decision to upgrade. Other great features include sharing notes with other members who can edit or view, being able to take screenshot and straight away place it in a note, being able to record, separating the page and more.
The best overall note keeper
I was not very happy about the changes to the free account a few years ago, and was reluctant to pay for a premium version. However, I use Evernote on multiple devices, and overall it has been amazing. I have researched other options that don’t cost so much, but I keep returning to Evernote as it does what I need it to. I love being able to edit my captured content quite precisely so it has the information I actually want, and none of the other stuff. The PDF exporting works well, although text size tends to be ridiculous, with a lot of wasted space if you do this. That is probably the only area I would want to be really fixed up. I have been capturing university notes from LMS for five years now, and can easily go back to find any information I want. I can sort my notes into folders that make sense for me. I capture recipes, keep notes from meetings and more. I would really, really miss Evernote if I didn’t have it.
My 2nd, actually, 1st brain, where I keep everything I want for later.
I have been using Evernote for 7 years. Being able to use it on my phone, via web and on the Mac app on my laptop is super versatile. I keep everything here, and all my notes synch across divices. Being able to use the web clipper is great for sites I can read later. I like being able to creat notes offline when I’m not in range or taking space from signal. I can add photos, record audio and create web links to provide public access to notes if I want or share via the chat feature. There is always something to learn about how to use Evernote and lots of places to get great info. Tags are the best way to sort and retreive notes. The ability to read scanned business cards and handwritten notes is amazing. If you are overwhelmed by information or want to become paperless, this is the way to go.
- 58.2 MB
macOS 10.13 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2007-2019 Evernote Corporation
- In-App Purchases
- One month $7.99
- One year $69.99
- One month $7.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.